You can't fly without a little struggle...

Options
I love butterflies. They are my personal "mascot". I know this may seem weird, considering how fragile they are; but, for me, they represent not only beauty, but they also represent the true definition of the phrase "No pain, no gain".

Did you know... when a caterpillar is transformed into a butterfly, and about ready to emerge from its cocoon, it still needs that little extra struggle to get out. If it is "helped" out of its cocoon too soon -- by a small tear in the side of the cocoon -- it will not be able to fly. In fact, it will die soon after emerging. Butterflies need the struggles to be able to strengthen their wings. The struggles help form their wings -- where they will be able to fly and live.

Most of us (if not all) have, at some point or another, wanted to give up. We have looked at our struggles as a difficulty -- instead of a chance to improve ourselves and our situation. We have wanted outside help to get us out of our situation. So... the next time you are about ready to give up, or the next time you want help out of your situation, think of that butterfly who was able to increase its strength with a little extra struggle. These struggles don't have to be a bad thing. Instead, look of them as something to be thankful for -- something that will help you improve yourself.

You CAN do this. You CAN achieve your goals. All you have to do is NOT GIVE UP!!!

butterfly_emerging.jpg

Replies