(Tiny) C25K NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I think it is a huge victory. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:

I just started the program yesterday also. I found this group, if you haven't already found it on MFP. The have a terrific thread on tips and tricks you may be interested in:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a tiny NSV! :D Congratulations on your victory and on all the "tiny steps" to the Jingle Bell Run!
  • ShawnaP22
    Options
    That's not a small accomplishment at all. We all have to start somewhere! I have never in my life enjoyed running. But I knew it is great cardio, so I started the c25k program at the end of May or beginning of June. I signed up for a race so that I would keep my motivation. I ran a 5K race over the summer and just ran a 10K mudrun this past Saturday. I never ever ever thought I would run 6.4 miles plus run in the mud plus 15 obstacles. Sign up for a race and stick with it, girl! You've got this =)
  • Casshileman
    Options
    I just finished Week5 Day 1 and I thought I was going to die. Did you feel like after the 5 minute run that you were done? LOL I barely could finish and I feel like I am getting slower. Its hard. But I am going to keep at it.

I did W5D1 today too. I totally felt like I was going to die!! I told myself I couldn't give up because I hadn't even cried yet, lol. I finished it, but am really worried about W5D2, UGH!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It's not "minor" it's huge! Once you cross that finish line you will become addicted! I started running about 5 years ago and now I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon in June 2013!!!!

Keep it up!
  • ah_adriana
    ah_adriana Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    after 4 attempts i finally "finished" c25k this summer. i really don't consider myself finished though because i'm not up to the 3 miles in 30 minutes yet BUT the fact that i can run 3 miles straight AT ALL pretty much blows my mind...once i can do 3.2 miles in 30 minutes or less than i can really say that i've made it.

even though i did c25k several times before and did not finish, i liked it enough to keep coming back again and again. i have always wanted to be a runner and i am wayyyy closer than i ever thought i could be * still feel like throwing up every time i finish 3 miles though! haha
  • KH9107
    KH9107 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I did Day 1 last night :-) (This is my 2nd go at it...the first time I stopped after Wk 2 because of foot/knee pain :-( )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!