Hello All - New to the Community!

Options
I just enrolled today. I anticipate losing more weight, and faster than has been calculated for me on myfitnesspal. This is because I am on Thyroid hormone regulation meds. I had a Thyroidectomy due to papillary thyroid cancer in March 2009. And due to the thyroid issues before my diagnosis; I gained weight "for no reason!" I do hope my body will shrink back to its normal size as fast as it blew up! I look forward to participating in message board discussions.

Kim

Replies

• Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    You will do great :) I'll add you as a friend and we can do this together, i'm kinda new here too, You will do great and good luck :)
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Welcome to a great site and good luck on your journey ..
  • PippyDoo
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
  • raspy72
    Options
    Thanks!! I'll add you as well. I'm actually taking the hCG hormone drops for weight loss (+ the VLCD - 500 calories/day)...This method should speed my reduction up a bit more than the norm at 1200 calories/day. Glad to be here!!
  • mand_hill
    Options
    Hi

I had a total thyroidectomy in September 2009 and I'm on 125mg of thyroxine daily. I have struggled to lose weight since having my thyroid gland removed. I'm hoping that I have more luck on here :0))

I was wondering though if I should eat as many calories as the site to telling me to, seeing as I'm not losing any weight at present?