Is this a good diet?

Options
Breakfast-
Krave Cereal, Double Chocolate (160 calories)
OR
Everything Bagel Things (110 calories) w/ Weight Watchers cream cheese (60 calories)

Either one with Chamomile tea (0 Calories)

Total=160-170 Calories

Lunch-
Ham Sandwich (Altogether=270 calories)
Two bottles of water

Total=270

Dinner-
Varies, will typically be Ramen noodles (chicken)
OR
Some type of meat dish
Bottle of Water OR glass of milk

Total=390-500

Snacks-
Obviously varies but stays under 200 calories

Is this a good diet? What should I change if it's not good?

Replies

• CymruBiology
    Options
    Depends on your goals.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ahh nooo. :)...Each meal for you should be around 400 Calories, also include a healthy portion of fats, carbs, and protein. You should incorporate fruits and vegetables as well. Ramen noodles is ridiculously high in sodium...I really don't think it should be eaten by anyone. It actually gave my friend high blood pressure (he ate it every day).. For breakfast try an egg on whole grain toast with some ham and fruit or something. Then for snacks you can have cheese, fruit, or veggies. The sandwich is alright but I would try to put some lettuce and veggies on it or something. For dinner I would eat a meat and vegetables, or a pasta not quite as loaded with sodium as Ramen. And put some meat in it. :P
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    also, you should really be eating at least 1600 calories as an 18 year old female if you're trying to lose weight. Depending on your height and weight too, but I'd say that would be the minimum...
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's not something I would eat.
    I try to have protein in the morning, and if not, then a complex carb, like Landsberg bread with some cream cheese and cucumber. Cereals are out for me, as are bagels, which I think are too high in sugar and simple carbs.

Your lunch sounds fine. Dinner, also not something I would eat. Just reading the ingredients on the box of Ramen makes my head spin and wonder what it does long term to my body. If I'm to eat processed food, at least I try to find one with as little junk in it as possible.

So personally, I don't think this is a good diet.
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not really...

Way too many processed foods, very low in protein + healthy fats, far too carb heavy, and all around not enough food.

You might lose weight in the short term, but you'll probably end up undernourished and sickly if you try to do that for too long.

Eat whole foods. A palm sized serving of meat (or eggs or other protein source) at each meal, a few fists of colorful veggies, and maybe a piece of fruit with each meal. If your calories are still too low, supplement with some healthy fats (flax seed, mixed nuts, avocado, kerrygold butter, coconut oil.)

Best,
    K
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything in that diet that will give you your RDA of vitamins and minerals. Limit your processed foods. Eat clean, whole foods (proteins from meats, fish, eggs and nuts/seeds) and eat a rainbow (more veggies and fruit).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would starve. :tongue:

I aim for 1800 calories a day, lots of protein, a good balance of carbs and fats, and plenty of fruits & veggies. What you listed came in around 1000 calories with my quick-adding (which may have been off!) - too low. Eat too little and you'll run into fatigue, burn out, and a body that wants to hang onto fat rather than burn it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    All processed junk and not a single veggie. Sounds terrific.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As someone else mentioned, definitely ditch the ramen noodles. That's a sodium party you don't want to go to.
  • raiderette74
    Options
    No it is not. You are seriously lacking fruits and vegetables and as others have mentioned............way too many processed foods. I would also suggest ramping up your protein intake. You also need more calories (but quality ones) to keep your metabolism fired up. I don't mean this to be offensive, but I might suggest you see a nutritionist or read a book on eating clean to help you make healthy choices.