New.. first day starts in the morning!

Options
Im currently 154lb. Roughly 11st?
My target weight is 128lb. Roughly 9st?

Is this do able without gym exersize?
Im a mother to a yr old baby, with parner at work on silly shifts,
I dont have time to go out to the gym and exersize!! :(

Ill be tracking meals and all that carefully,
I shall be trying to stick to the 1200 cals a day which has been set.
Ill be putting measurements in tomorrow.

So is it do able? Any home exersize tips would also be greatt :)

Thanks!!! X

Replies

• thethingirlinside
    Options
    You can walk with baby on stroller ,fit tv. YouTube ,I hear has 10-20 30 min.workouts for when baby is a sleep.jumping.jacks squats ,running In place pushups .windmills .danceing to radio you go do it .have fun and good luck
  • Siobhan699
    Options
    Can you go walking/jogging with bub in a pram/stroller?
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I do alot of Videos(CDs) I use Leslie Sanone's Walk away the ponds and 1 mile Challenge.. They are great.. I also use the the WII and XBOX 360.. Your 1 year old can do the Leslie Sanone's cd with you as well..
    Good luck and WELCOME to MFP..You are welcome to add me.. :drinker:
  • joymelanson
    Options
    I do 2 - 30 minute sessions of Walk it Out; a game for my Wii and there are lots of exercise videos on youtube. I might try the 30 day shred it looks like a challenge that should give good results.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is doable, but it takes a little creativity and time management when you are staying at home. Body weight exercises are great! Air squats, pushups, planks, sit-ups and if you can get a stability ball, there are lots of exercises you can do there. I have even watched TV with a step and then doing pushups, situps, jumping jacks, etc. as fast as I can with good form during commercial breaks.

And if you want to invest in some good DVDs there are a lot out there that can help break up the monotony. (I did 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels and had visible results after only 2 weeks.)

Do as the program says, eat proper amounts and fuel your workouts (eat back exercise calories, but make sure you aren't overestimating your burn).
    There are a LOT of success stories here! You can be one of them! Good luck!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Definitely doable if you stick to your guns. And who says you need a gym membership to get fit. NO WAY. Walking, dvds, youtube, fittv....so many options other than the gym. Feel free to friend me.
  • Kendi_Alyssa
    Options
    You can absolutely do it! I've lost about 13 pounds in a fairly short amount of time without stepping foot in a gym. My work schedule is a little weird too but what I would suggest, as a few others have probably stated, is walking around the neighborhood. If you wanna stay home they even have apps on your phone that show you how to do some exercises! I wish I could remember what the one I used to use was called -.- But basically you just have to find ways to work out at home or in your neighborhood. Get a yoga mat or put a towel on the floor and do stretches, yoga, or other exercises right at home! Dancing is also a good form of exercise, and fun. I play a video game called Dance Dance Revolution that really works up a sweat, and I also own a Kinect for Xbox 360, which they make exercise and dancing games for, so there are definitely a few good options for weight loss without the gym. Good luck :)
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    A few exercises you can do at home with your 1yr old baby
    squats- hold your child at arms length and squat down and back up (my daughter Loved this)
    tummy time- let your child do tummy time with you on the floor, lift your feet and arms off the ground while on your stomach
    Crunches- curl your legs up and put your child on your front legs/knees, Hold their hands like they are doing superman while you crunch up to give them kisses.
    :flowerforyou: