Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack Challenge!

Options
I've been on this journey for over a year now and I've successfully lost just over 35 lbs. For the last 8 months or so, I haven't been able to shed anything and I'm beginning to lose motivation! I'm constantly giving myself excuses to skip work outs and eat crap so I need to do something to turn this around and drop a few more pounds!

I'm hoping another round with Jillian will help! I had huge success with the 30 Day Shred and good success with Ripped in 30 as well, although I wasn't as consistent with that one! Living in Australia, summer is just around the corner and the beach weather is rapidly approaching!

So whether you're a beginner, stuck in a rut like me, or just want to give Jillian a go, why not join me in this 6 week challenge? For those in the Northern hemisphere, don't let the sight of sweaters and scarves let you add on some winter weight! Keep healthy and fit all year round!

A couple of my mfp friends would like to join me in this journey, so I thought I'd ask around the community to see if anyone else is interested.

I think we should track our measurements and weight. I'm thinking measurements before we start, halfway through and at the end. We can weigh in weekly or bi-weekly, whichever is preferred. I will create a google doc once we get a good list of participants!

Let's start on Monday the 22nd so everyone has time to get their hands on Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack!

Replies

• flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I am in!!
  • Konamission
    Options
    I have it Im in!
  • lmruthe
    lmruthe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is there cardio in this video as well or only strength training?
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Imruthe, yes she always includes cardio!

Here is a review and description!

Having ripped abdominals may not make you a celebrity--well, unless you're that guy on Jersey Shore--but if you're looking to "lose weight, get healthy, and change your life," as trainer Jillian Michaels puts it, then 6 Week Six-Pack should find a spot on your menu. It won't be easy; there are two very challenging routines featured here, each of which should be practiced five days a week for three weeks. Nor will it be simply a matter of lying on the floor and doing a few sit-ups. Michaels's mantra is "shed fat while toning your core," and in the course of these two approximately 30-minute routines (Level 1 is hard; Level 2 is harder), you'll spend a good amount of time on your feet doing vigorous aerobic work (marching in place, squats, lunges, leg lifts, and such, all designed to keep the heart rate up), as well as the demanding mat exercises, some of which derive from the plank (or upward pushup) position and thus build arm as well as core strength. The pace is quick, rests are few, and Michaels is a demanding instructor; there's no coddling here, and the workouts are definitely not for the slothful or faint of heart. But she knows what she's doing--her emphasis on the breath will be familiar to anyone who practices yoga, as will some of the poses she uses, and her attention to "control, focus, and form" is helpful. "Bring intention to your action," Michaels says, and judging by the hundreds of positive user responses, it works. --Sam Graham

Product Description
    Get ripped, flat abs in 6 weeks with America’s toughest trainer, Jillian Michaels. Forget boring sit-ups – Jillian’s ab-shredding system will chisel the midsection with her winning combination of core-focused cardio circuits and ab-toning exercises. 6 Week Six-Pack includes two dynamic 30-minute workouts plus warm-ups and cooldowns. Start with Level 1 for three weeks, then advance to Level 2 for increased intensity and fat burn. Stick with it and see dramatic results!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I'm pretty excited for this challenge to start... I hope everyone is getting their hands on the workout before Monday!

Jillian is brutal, but she sure knows what she's doing!
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in...although, I'm kind of scared. :indifferent: I tried starting this workout once before & couldn't even make it through the entire 25-30 minutes, which isn't like me for Jillian Michaels DVDs. It's definitely a challenging workout, but having the motivation & accountability of doing this challenge together will make me stick with it. :smile: Good luck everyone; get ready to sweat! :bigsmile:
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I'm really glad you said the KySny82! I'm up for the challenge!

Remember to modify if you need to people! Push yourself, but know your limits! I don't want anyone out for injury!

So I've set up a Spreadsheet to track weight and measurements throughout this journey!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApJz2BRGU3pidF9IbXdNcWRsQ1NMSkRNcXluOVJGb2c

Please take a look at it!

Still plenty of space for more people to join up, so join in the fun... sadistic fun! lol
  • newNRGkate
    newNRGkate Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see if I can get the video over the weekend and give it a try! I really need some extra motivation to lose the last 10lbs and strengthen my core. Look forward to the challenge:))
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Great - I'll add you to the spreadsheet katescleaning.

Anyone who isn't already my friend, feel free to add me. :)
  • CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love to join :-)

Starting Ripped in 30 on Monday but would also like to do this as well, is it OK to join?

Many thanks x
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    I am in as well!!

I have a wedding to attend in exactly 6 weeks and I am determined to fit into my 32 waist size jeans. I am wearing tight size 36 with muffin top right now. Hope to lose some of these love handles.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Added you both! Everyone send me your beginning weigh in and measurements and I'll update accordingly!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    The challenge has begun! Make sure you send me your beginning weigh in and measurements! :D Good luck!
  • sweet_solace
    Options
    Is it too late to start?
  • bry115
    bry115 Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you add the any dvd work out to your exercise calories burned?