Finally getting serious

Options
Hi, My short term goal is 15 lbs in weeks....my 40th birthday. I wanted to start with a short term goal and just make it a way of life. I have always struggled with my weight, but the last 10 years I have put on about 50 lbs, and I want it all gone! I realize I won't be young forever. There is enough heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes in my family to choke a horse. I have not been diagnosed with any of the above and I don't want to be either. I have always embarked on weight loss on my own, I never tell any one when I am dieting, etc. I really want to do this with some support this time. I have already started with more nutrious cooking, and now need to find an exercise routine that works for me. Any suggestions for q beginner? Tanks and I am so glad I found this site!

Replies

• jenherk
    jenherk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    6 weeks, lol
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Get lots of friends here to help keep you on track. You don't say how long before your BD, whoops, just saw the six weeks. :) You *can* lose that much in 6 weeks but really I would set my sights a bit lower and longer. Slow and steady almost always beats fast and short over the long haul. Congrats on making the decision to make a change! Feel free to add me if you like
  • jenherk
    jenherk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. I have been doing some research and I do see 15 is alot for 6 weeks....to be honest, I would be happy to see 10, or well, ANY loss. :-)
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. I have been doing some research and I do see 15 is alot for 6 weeks....to be honest, I would be happy to see 10, or well, ANY loss. :-)

It's simple really. Each week you just have to need more calories than you take in. Easy peasy :). Ok, harder than that but at the same time it is also the answer