Zumba and it's benefits

Options
Hey everyone! The name is Stepf. I'm giving this another try and actually going to stick with it! I just quit smoking and I'm really trying to get back into shape and live a healthy lifestyle. I love the outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, swimming, etc. I took up zumba and I absolutely love it so far! Is anyone else doing zumba? Success stories? Good luck to everyone in their quest! If you'd like a pal to keep you motivated, let me know. I'd be more then happy to give you some encouragement!

Replies

• mandalyn1002
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba! I do it in the comfort of my living room on my Wii for now :) I have done Zumba classes but, I felt silly since I didnt know a lot of the moves and just felt lost. However I enjoy it and it is definitely a great workout! I am just getting back on track as well and hoping to see some much needed changes :)
  • Musically_Blessed
    Options
    I used to do Zumba too! It's an amazing class and I burn nearly 700 calories an hour doing it. I'm trying to get back going to Zumba 1-2 times a week, the gym 1 time a week, 3 days a week walking, and then one day of rest.
    I've lost 27 pounds (as you can see by the ticker below) so far, and I haven't even been doing Zumba, so Zumba is a really great exercise.
    I love hiking and swimming as well! Not so much other water activities, hahaha.
    Good luck! I hope you can stick with it this time!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ive also recently got the one for the wii as not doing it in public ha ha. Only tried it twice and get a wee bit messed up with the feet, after the workouts 30 mins or 60 mins i dont really feel like ive done anything productive but then im on the beginner ones.
  • lebon2
    lebon2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi! i've been doing zumba since mid-april of this year & i love it! zumba & watching what i eat has helped me lose 31lbs. i'm a bit of an addict tho... i do classes 5x a week! @steph20, let's be pals :flowerforyou:

good luck! :wink:
  • AirFSU92
    Options
    I love music and dance, therefore I love Zumba!! I do it at my gym, but we recently lost our instructor. Until they get another one I may try the Wii option.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love everything Zumba. I own the dvds. I bought the game for my mom she never uses it so I've been playing it since I'm here. I dance with it on Youtube. I loved going to the live classes. I haven't been to one since the beginning of year though but I love it. Love love love Zumba. Good luck to you and your journey :)
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying Zumba at my school :happy: I do Jazzercise, and I'm told it's very similar, so I'm excited!!

Question - does the instructor cue you in Zumba? or is it just watch and learn?
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Omg!! I love Zumba...it's the best...you can have fun, dance and exercise.:smile::smile:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I love Zumba! LOL That's how I'm breaking back into the workout routine, starting tomorrow. It's so fun I forget I'm exercising... =D
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!! I have been doing zumba since June this year and it has been helping lose the weight. I do this in addition to weight watchers. I have lost 3 inches off my waist 3 inches off my hips 2 off my thighs. It is great and it is an exercise I can stick to because I have always loved dancing. I do it at home with my DVD sets and the wii. It's great!
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Zumba when I went, I have it on xbox, but I never play since it's in my bedroom and I don't have enough room in there to actually to use my kinect.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :love: i absolutely LOVE it!! I've been doing it for 11 months, 2 to 3 times/week, lost 40 lbs, & won't give it up for anything!! i burn about 700 calories. its an awesome cardio workout. i take classes with several friends, its fun especially if you like to dance!!! :love:
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm a Zumba instructor and I love love love it! I had been a student for several years
    before deciding to teach. I love the music and the energy of the live classes not to mention
    the fact that you burn tons of calories and it doesn't feel like exercise! I've lost weight and feel
    great! Good luck to all the Zumbaholics out there!
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm a Zumba lover too! I had to stop because of conflicting times with my daughter's schedule, and I miss it terribly! That's half the reason I'm here and trying to lose the weight again. I lost some weight, but more importantly, lost several inches. Any time I go to class it make me feel great. I love to do it. I have it for the X-box too, but unfortunately I don't have enough room in my house to do it. :( So bummed about that
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am a zumba lover as well :) I used to do it 5x a week and lost my first 10 lbs with it; now I do it 1-2x a week! Because of zumba, I was able to get fit enough to try other higher intensity cardio classes and really opened me up to a lot of other fitness classes!
  • AliciaAnne1984
    Options
    Love, love, love Zumba! Such a fun workout. It's the only workout I do that is actually really fun. Would love to hear from any fellow Sydney Zumba fans... :)
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba and loved it - it got me moving and was fun but then I moved to Australia and found classes called Konga / Vypa which I liked more and then my instructor became a Bokwa instructor and my god I love Bokwa!

So much better than Zumba, you move more, the music changes, it's not the same old routine and it's so simple to do. I would recommend checking it out as it claims you can burn up to 1300 calories per session, I don't have a HRM so can't confirm that but it's non stop and an intense workout I come out sweating more than I ever did with Zumba....