Bad Weekend

Options
This weekend the stress of my first midterm mark at school really showed on the scales. Not only did the scale go up but my lower back is killing me because I was hunched over the computer for such a long time each day! I don't even feel confident about the papers! Today, I tried to eat less fat and calories with a workout, but it was very unsuccessful. I am feeling very lost and unaccomplished right now. I need your best advice and motivation to live a better life! I want to be happy about my weight and not worry about whether somebody is looking at my thighs when they look me up and down!

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You didn't have much significant impact positive or negative in one weekend. Just get back on plan and put it behind you.
  • licorice_twig
    Options
    It's one weekend. Let it go. The scale will fluctuate by a few pounds each day, so weighing every day doesn't tell you much. Don't get tunnel vision. This is a long, slow, steady process. One weekend is nothing. Move on.

Oh, and let the midterm mark go, too. What will it matter, five years from now?

Hang in there.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Aww poor baby, don't be so hard on yourself, tomorrow is another chance to do it right, Wake up tomorrow with a nice bright outlook and say , today I will make better choices today I will put myself first.:flowerforyou:
  • MeABride2B
    Options
    It is hard, but as PPs said- just put it behind you.

Move forward doing all the awesome things you have been doing!

You'll get through.
  • woolfe87
    woolfe87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I'll pick me head up! It just gets hard and lonely doing this sometimes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I'll pick me head up! It just gets hard and lonely doing this sometimes.

That's why you are here!
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A few bad days isn't going to make or break you! Put your nose to the grindstone and just keep going.

I would avoid the scale if you binged a little bit, however... extra salt and carbs tend to cause you to hold a little bit of water weight which might scare you if you step on the scale before it has time to pass. I promise, it's not fat!

Best of luck!

-K
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    This weekend the stress of my first midterm mark at school really showed on the scales. Not only did the scale go up but my lower back is killing me because I was hunched over the computer for such a long time each day! I don't even feel confident about the papers! Today, I tried to eat less fat and calories with a workout, but it was very unsuccessful. I am feeling very lost and unaccomplished right now. I need your best advice and motivation to live a better life! I want to be happy about my weight and not worry about whether somebody is looking at my thighs when they look me up and down!

I am sorry to read of your discouragement, everyone has experienced this one time or another. The good thing about falling is you have the chance of getting back up, brushing off the dirt, and starting over. We are all human, we waiver and faulter at times; however, that does not mean we should beat ourselves up when a mistake is made. Its ok, don't put any additional pressure on yourself by having a bad day, and redo tomorrow.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Weekend is over - time to move on. Plus are you done with midterms? Then yay! Even more reason to move on. You made it through a tough time and now you know what to watch out for next time. Excellent that you got in a workout - that can really help relieve the stress.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself & start again. :)