Carbs are not my friends...

Options
2»

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Did you just say chips, Ramen noodles and tasty in the same thought? Are you a college student, or just heavily intoxicated/stoned? O_o

Just fry up a pound of lean ground beef or turkey, drain the grease from it, dump some Sriracha on it, and enjoy. Extremely fast, and very protein heavy.

Sriracha is nasty. Ramen, however, is one of the most amazing foods ever invented.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    in place of chips, you can substitute french fries
    in place of ramen noodles, you can substitute spaghetti
  • TwilightGirl39
    Options
    I have seen the Special K chips but didn't try them. I will pick some up the next time I am at the grocery store. Thanks
  • nativedawta
    nativedawta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I also love Ramen noodles and not ashamed to admit it. I would love to get some low carb suggestions. I have a sweet tooth which i'm struggling to get under control.
  • TwilightGirl39
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Carbs are my lover and I love Ramen!
    Sorry, i have no additional input, but I figured I'd let you know you're not the only one. Solidarity sistah!
  • TwilightGirl39
    Options
    My sweet tooth ... I can somewhat control but the carbs... it's like they call me. lol.
  • TwilightGirl39
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definitely try some protein bars, I love Larabars or Odwallas for on the run.. Always keep fresh fruit and veggies on hand :)
  • socomary
    Options
    Edamame, steamed or boiled, with salt sprinkled on top. I am often guilty of eating an entire bag by myself - they only take about 10 minutes from freezer to plate. Are you the type of person who might find a day or so a week to cook large portions ahead of time? Dishes with lentils and rice and vegetables, if cooked ahead in large portions, are good later on for a quick bite to eat. Those are often my "go-to" if I need something quick, filling, and tasty, and I've made enough in advance. I did something similar this week with potatoes, quinoa, pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), and kale. Sounds weird, but very tasty.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Did you just say chips, Ramen noodles and tasty in the same thought? Are you a college student, or just heavily intoxicated/stoned? O_o

Just fry up a pound of lean ground beef or turkey, drain the grease from it, dump some Sriracha on it, and enjoy. Extremely fast, and very protein heavy.

Sriracha is nasty. Ramen, however, is one of the most amazing foods ever invented.

YOU DONT LIKE SIARACHA?! THIS IS BLASPHEMY
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can make homemade potatoe chips (crisps) in the microwave. Use a peeler to get thin slices of a big potato put slices on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Spray with olive oil and then put a little flaour on them. I love Salt & Pepper yum.
    Put them in the microwave for about 3/4 minutes checking on them and moving them around every minute or so because they stick to the plate.
    Honestly they are delicous and low in cals and you can't make that many at a time so you won't over indulge.:love:
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    no popcorn from the hot air popper :grumble:
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think I will try some oatmeal. I tried it years ago and hated it..what flavor do you recommend for someone who is not big on oatmeal?

Regular oatmeal is gross to me. I eat apples and cinnamon- 130 cals for 1 pack. Its got carbs and sugar so I dont eat it everyday. I suggest making an egg bake on sunday and it should be good through wednesday. ( eggs, veggies small amount of cheese) check out skinny taste and hungry girl. Those 2 websites are AMAZING!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Carbs are your friend. Just stay under your macros and you'll be fine. 99% of this game is calories in and calories out.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My weakness is chips and ramen noodles. Both are quick and tasty. I need a fast and tasy replacement. Any suggestions?

When I read that I didn't think carbs, I thought salt. Not really sure what you consider tasty. You might not find some of the given alternatives very palatable if its the salt you are craving. What other "flavours" appeal to you? Spicy, garlicky, lemony, fruity, ...?

Keep cut up veggies in the fridge and use a low-carb dip with them. If you need salt, sprinkle some over some celery. Even hummus thought it has carbs would be better than the chips and ramen noodles.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have seen the Special K chips but didn't try them. I will pick some up the next time I am at the grocery store. Thanks

there really good and you get a lot per serving