veteran getting back into shape

Options
Hey guys I'm Josh, I'm 31 and living in the Dallas Tx area.. I was a sailor in the world's finest Navy for almost a decade and after my tour was finished I came home and I admit I let myself slide BIG TIME. My wifey uses MFP and I thought I'd give it a shot because I'm not healthy AT ALL and that has to change. Anyway, great site very awesome to see so many people doing well!!

-Josh

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    hi josh

Thank you VERY VERY much for your service

joannie
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi Josh,

Welcome to MFP and THANK YOU!!! for your service to our country!
  • gmiller58
    Options
    From one vet to another, welcome to the site. I know while you were in the Navy, they had certain standards and physical fitness was one of the expectations. How about brushing off some of that old info and using that as the first step to get back into shape? Do an assessment of how long it takes you to walk a mile. Try some push up and sit ups. Then use that as a baseline. Since it may of been awhile, be safe and take it one day at a time.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm Canadian, so I'm not sure if I can really thank you for your service in the same sense as the Americans here, but I can offer you my deepest respect. Feel free to add me if you need some support. :)
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Thank you for your service, and welcome to MFP! My hubby is also a Veteran, and I have to say it brightens my day to see more showing up on the site. If you're looking for more friends, feel free to add me!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh,

my name is Zach and I did the same thing.

I was a paratrooper in the 82nd (army), left and blew up to 270 lbs.

Now I have cut down to 188, and finishing up my cut.

Good luck in achieving your goals!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome Josh, from an old submarine sailor.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    I salute you bro!

Wishing you well on your new journey!
  • Cottoncandypink555
    Options
    HI Josh!! ...or should I say Navy (bud) smiles smiles. I'm 30 yrs older but....still same idea! ( was in Navy in early70s time ). I just joined up today here on site! ;! Hope you do good! ..It's great to try new things! ...(thainks for your service too! ) I was ithe best tip top shape then too...smiles....but now ok for age ;but need to lose 30 lbs that crept up past few yrs! ...Good luck!! CC
  • melissair
    Options
    Welcome Josh and I appreciate the time you served :) I'm trying to get back on the MFP bandwagon now after a few months off :P

The best thing to see on days I'm not really "feeling it" is encouragement from other people who are trying to accomplish the same thing as me - getting healthy! So feel free to add me !
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    welcome from a former Intel Officer. Good luck
  • americasknight
    americasknight Posts: 2 Member
    Options

same here! submarine once, submarine twice!
    USS Tennessee SSBN 734(B)
    USS Dallas SSN 700

and thanks to everyone for the well wishes... awesome site indeed!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

same here! submarine once, submarine twice!
    USS Tennessee SSBN 734(B)
    USS Dallas SSN 700

and thanks to everyone for the well wishes... awesome site indeed!

Well, even though you started off as a boomer baby, at least you finished on a fast attack.

USS Atlanta SSN 712