Best blenders for protein shakes

So, when I was making my daily protein shake today, my blender started smoking and then blew a fuse in my apartment. I think I need a new blender that is buff enough to handle my beefy protein shake needs :P

Any recommendations? Mine was a cheap-o black-and-decker that I got at macy's for 30-40 bucks. I don't want to pay a million dollars for a crazy blender with a thousand settings, but it needs to be able to withstand heavy use (a.k.a. blending a full tray of ice a couple times a day).

Thanks!

Replies

• kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    I've heard that vitamixes are great, but they're a bit past my budget.
    I have an oster and I love it. :)
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    infomercials NINJA lol looks amazing but cost like $150 but i think its lifetime warenty
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    I love my KitchenAid blender.

That said, I'd really like to get a Magic Bullet because it comes with extra pitchers that are small enough to drink from.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    nutribullet
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    I have a super-cheapo ($15) Hamilton Beach personal mixer from target that I LOVE.

I also have the frozen Ninja one (also affordable at ~ $40) but I love hte convenience of just making and drinking out of the personal sized one. I make my protein shakes with either frozen fruit or ice, usually twice daily and it's working just fine. :-)
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Cool! Thanks guys :)
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 90 Member
    My family has a Ninja one. My parent's bought it- I don't know if I would ever spend $150 on a blender, but it does work great. If you can find it on sale or can spare the money it's a great one!
  • LKD87
    LKD87 Posts: 21
    I'm obsessed with the Nutri bullet! It's actually an extractor, but I make my protein shakes in it too. I can't live without it. http://www.nutribullet.com/