I'm Back Here Again: How Should I Begin??

Options
So I had a fabulous few months over the spring here at MFP and made so many great changes! I dropped almost 25 pounds! Then life got in the way. (As it has a habit of doing). I won't weigh you down with the details but know that all's well that ends well and things have settled down quite a bit. And about 5-10 pounds came back (no surprise!).

Well, now I'm back but I feel overwhelmed starting from square one again. I don't know how to begin all the good habits again. How should I start up again? Anyone else been through the same thing? Got any tips for a successful ease back into my program? Or maybe a swift kick in the butt back into it? Give me your thoughts.

My goal is to end the year with a net loss of 30 pounds total. I will be happy with that.

Katy

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just realizing that you need start over is step one in my opinion. Congrats on that. I know it is hard thinking that you are back at square one, but in reality you aren't..you have been here and done it..and know how to do it.

My recommendation would be to look over your diet for the past months and see where you went wrong. What bad habits did you allow to creep back, and eliminate them immediately.

Do not allow yourself to get overwhelmed. You can do this. Biggest thing to do right now is starting tracking and be honest. Don't cheat because in the end you are only cheating yourself. No one here knows if you are being honest, we can only encourage you to do so.

Once you get your tracking regular and back into habit start to reincorporate exercise.

I can easily be a swift kick in the butt too lol. Don't procrastinate, and stay on the wagon!

Hope that helps lol!

Liz

mommyweightless.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MommyWeighLess?ref=tn_tnmn#!/MommyWeighLess
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    Definitely ONE step at a time. :)
    If you screw up ONE meal, no worries, just pick yourself up and do well the next meal. It honestly takes more than ONE meal to sabotage your hard work.

Tracking is most definitely the best thing ever on this site. Logging daily will help you stay where you need to be and keep you aware of how much you are putting in your mouth. Be honest with yourself and the logging and it will all fall into place. Exercise is also the key...you gotta move it to lose it as Jillian would say! Just keep it simple....one day at a time and don't panic. :)

You got this! And welcome back. :))
  • turkdean
    Options
    I just started over a month ago. I set a couple of small goals. Start excerising, drink only water, no soda, cut out sugar, and eat clean. It was hard week one. However, I started to feel good right away with all the fake crap I was eating. I started just with walking, now back in kettle bells classes - love it. I started to relish the face that I can do this and continue to set small goals. I am making progress slowly. Wish you the best!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I had to start over for the umpteenth time. This time I had packed on 80 pounds. Just take your time, it is not a race. You could be way worse.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

Tracking is most definitely the best thing ever on this site. Logging daily will help you stay where you need to be and keep you aware of how much you are putting in your mouth. Be honest with yourself and the logging and it will all fall into place.

This is the key. Be truthful with yourself, and log what you eat. If I had to start again, my first goal would be to simply log everything I ate truthfully for a week. This alone will motivate you to go forward.
  • neffesther
    Options
    Don't get overwhelmed by starting over. After all, you're not actually at square one anymore. You didn't gain back all that you lost, and you're jumping back in to a community where you already have friends that care about your progress and success. You've got spunk and it shows and is inspiring to many. Welcome back.
  • oahugirl
    oahugirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    first, know that you're not alone. I think all of us "fall off the wagon" and have to start over. I know I have. This is my first 5 day stretch back...i just keep reminding myself how great i felt physically and emotionally in the spring when I was logging and working out and how crappy I feel now. You CAN do this...and we're all here to support you!!! Welcome back!