Hello from MS

Options
My husband and just joined and I am loving the tools so much already. My dietician told me about the site last week after a bodpod body fat test. I love that I can build my recipes and see how many calories I am eating. That is a first for me. Also scanning labels!! Talk about awesome.

Anyway I am a military spouse, a mom of two little girls, and late in life college student. I am 33 (34 in December) and I hope to be finishing up in Feb. I am also a contractor for a food and pet food company.

I am really excited about this site because it seems the message boards are busy. The last site I was on that I had to pay for the boards were almost always empty.

Oh, yeah I am 253ish and looking to get to 155. I know I have 115 pounds of fat from my bodpod test and I did my first 5k last friday...thought I was going to die! lol

Replies

• MJoon
    MJoon Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello!!! I am also in MS... I am training for my second 5k.. the first one was 6 years ago and I thought pfffft I got this... well it kickd my $$$.... I have started by walking a mile every day and trying to get my mile down to 15 mins... right now I am at about a 18 min mile.. Sunday Me and my Girs knocked out 3 miles took us about 57 mins... I have about 138 pounds to loose... and Love Dogs... Good Luck on your journey!!!!!! Our next 5k is going to be on Dec 8 in Southaven, MS... it is called Jinge all the way :P More like Jiggle all the way... hahahahahahahahaaha
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're RD was right to senf you here...Good site. I send my patients here too!
  • redangie24
    redangie24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mjoon, I have my next 5k on nov. 9th. I am walking for 30 minutes 2-3x per week. Jiggles all the way...lol thats hilarious. I love dogs too. I used to have a chow-chow, but she passed two years ago. They no longer allow chows in military housing. So I have finally comes to terms with that and I hope to get a newfoundland after we find out where we are moving.