Newbie!

Options
Hi, I live in FL and am a 45yo, married female. I'm about to be a first time Grandmother from my oldest of 2 sons. I suffer from Fibromyalgia, asthma, IBS, migraines, 2 bulging discs, 1 herniated cervical disc, degenerative arthritis...just to name a few! LOL! I'm also a big emotional eater and this last year has been VERY emotional!

I'm trying to lose weight for my health and so I can keep up with my grandbaby when she gets to walking age!

Last time I lost alot of weight I was on a "no white" diet. It was difficult, but the only way it worked was because I didn't have anyone to buy for or feed but me. Now I have a husband who really likes bread, potatoes and pastas and I'm one of those type who can't have it in the house or I'll eat it. So, I'm hoping, by joining here, that I can lose weight and still eat some of the white things that will always be in the house!

Thanks for listening and I welcome any advice you may have!

Good luck to all, Gamma Kiki

Replies

• ggjehx
    ggjehx Posts: 7
    Options
    hey! im right there with you on the emotional eating. Im going to try my best over the next few months to turn to exercise or healthier snacks instead. We can do it one day at a time :)
  • aimeebtn
    aimeebtn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Gamma Kiki,

Good luck in your journey, a small word of advice that I did and it worked very well for me and my husband as far as the "no White". I switched the bread to 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat and I only purchase 100% whole wheat pasta now. I worried at first that my husband would not like it, but he actually says that it has better flavor. I buy Red Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes (be careful with sweet potatoes though) instead of white potatoes. I hope this is helpful for you.

Sincerely,

Aimeebtn

PS. Good luck with your new Grand-daughter. I have 5 Grandchildren and they are such a blessing. :heart:
  • GammaKiki
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll check into it!

Can't wait for my grandbaby! She's a bright spot in an otherwise dark year.
  • babygirl_70
    Options
    Hello & welcome to MFP. My name is Holly & I am 41 & a grandma to 4 baby girls & a baby girl due this month. You wil love being a grandma. Feel free to add me if you'd like.