Busy schedule...need help fitting in workouts

Options
I was 2 weeks into my 3rd round of Insaniry (losing 4lbs) which was gained over the summer. And then started a new job where I just have time to sleep, and days off are spent on house renos.....but I want to squeez I'm workouts on days off and half days...... Any suggestions on workout videos or schedules that could work? Sence starting the new job I did gain back the 4 lbs :( but I will lose it!!!!!

Replies

• trickettmomma
    Options
    Even if you can't get in the work outs try parking farther and walking more, take the stairs. Every little bit helps. On my lunch break I usually eat for 10-15 mins then walk or go up and down the stairs for the rest of my half hour. Trying to burn a few calories but not work up a sweat because I'm stuck at a desk most of the day. I try to keep healthy snacks with me so I'm not grabbing unhealthy choices.
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    I freelance for a company and am on my first job in a while, struggling with the same thing you are... I just got out my calendar and scheduled my workouts. Im training for a ten mile race in november so im following a training shcedule but had to do some serious reworking due to work. I know I will not work out on Mondays. Its just too stressful at work. I scheduled my longest workouts, time and the activity/duration on the calendar for the weekends. And I put one shorter workout in the middle of the week. For me, having it planned out helps.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I try to mutli-task workouts in. I run to class, therefore I get there more quickly and I've run 2 miles when I run back. Granted you don't have class, but you could literally run errands. Schedule 20 minutes before you shower for the day to exercise. a 20 minute run x 5 or 7 really adds up. Do this with any of your chosen exercises.
  • kathleenturner41
    Options
    Hi
    I understand that you have a very busy schedule. But what worked for me is making time for my workouts just like I make time for work, housework, tend to children, cook, work, etc. Sometimes, doing house chores is a work out. If you are watching television you can use that time to work out as well. If it is only 10 minutes several times a day it does add up. Make your workout a priority for yourself. You can and will do it:flowerforyou:
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I worked 9-5, I woke up a half hour earlier, and did a workout video (usually jillian, kelly coffey, or any other 30 minute video). I found that I had more energy throughout the day, and I didn't have to think about working out once I got home. Plus, 30 minutes isn't that much earlier, so found it easy to do first thing, I even looked forward to it. I would always workout on my days off (gym, running, whatever would fit it)
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you can't find 1 hour 3 days a week, then you have problems. I won't go through the I WORK BLAH BLAH BLAH KIDS BLAH BLAH NEW BABY BLAH BLAH SIDE BUSINESS rant, but trust me when I say I seriously doubt you have less free time than many people on here who find time to work out. It's either a priority for you, or it's not. If it is a priority, you will find a way, if it's not, you will find an excuse.