Illegal Gymigrant

Options
As per Urban Dictionary:

October 11, 2012 Urban Word of the Day
A term describing a person who sneaks into the gym without paying, or someone who uses another's gym pass in order to work out.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

LOVE IT.

more places have instituted pictures with gym passes now. i completely forgot my gym did until recently when i got beeped in and a new person behind the desk was like wow you really lost weight! :laugh: i was like ummm who are you and how do you know this. then she showed me the picture i first took when i joined
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That's terrible.
    I knew a person -- I am not saying who -- who used to make the rounds of different gyms using their free membership try-out days. By the time he got through all of them, he could go back again and do the same thing over; gym staff turnover is pretty rapid. This was when he was in college and had no money for that kind of thing. He also used the university's facilities. (FYI, those are easy ones to get in.)
    You know, most YMCAs will let you pay a daily fee, and it is only $5, at least it is at my Y.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

LOVE IT.

more places have instituted pictures with gym passes now. i completely forgot my gym did until recently when i got beeped in and a new person behind the desk was like wow you really lost weight! :laugh: i was like ummm who are you and how do you know this. then she showed me the picture i first took when i joined

Mine pops up a picture too - I have my son's and my card on the same keychain. When I first went alone I wasn't sure which was which - I scanned the wrong one. Apparently I can't pass as a teenage boy - I could tell as soon as I scanned it I did the wrong one by the look on her face. Whoopsie!
  • andriaxo26
    Options
    Love the title :) It's upsetting to see people take advantage of something everyone else works to pay for. This rings especially true when they do this at facilities like the YMCA that make very little and put so much back into the community.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do those 24-hour gyms that provide members a key for when no employees on duty have cameras? I always wondered if people could just tag along a member for free.
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the LOL! :)