Monsters in your room......

Options

Replies

• ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i remember after seeing the Polaroid commercial with an alien under the bed, i thought he was under my bed and i would run and leap on my bed before he could grab my legs. lol.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    When I was a child, I used to have to sleep on my stomach with my hands under the pillow because I thought a witch would come and cut them off in the night. I have no clue where that idea come from!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    til this day, watch cartoons before i go to bed so i dont have "bad,scary" thoughts and cause me to have nightmares where i wake up crying.

thanks aunt rachel and uncle bart for scaring me for life! you guys rock! :noway:
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When my Dad would tuck me in the last thing I would always ask is that he close the closet door. He would walk over to it, reach out and then leap/jerk forward as if he was being pulled in and scream. It always scared me, LOL.

Edited to add: I realize it's not helpful, but when I'm scared in the middle of the night, I will still keep the covers over my head.

Scary movies will leave me with nightmares and/or too scared too sleep for weeks. Paranormal Activity (1) and "Signs" did this most recently (I am scared to death of aliens...)
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I allllways thought there was something under my bed when I was younger. It didn't help that sometimes the family dog and cat would sneak into my room and crawl under it making *scary* noises.

To this day, if the light is off and I'm alone, I'll do that little 'hop' into bed, just to make sure no one / nothing can get me.... because we all know that the moment your feet are off the floor, you're totally safe! :D
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm still somewhat scared of the dark: I can't fall asleep with any appendage off the bed at all, and I can't watch something scary before bed if I'm sleeping alone.
  • mkcl783
    Options
    I absolutely thought there were ghosts in my house growing up. I remember running up the stairs at night really really fast!
  • mkcl783
    Options

To this day, if the light is off and I'm alone, I'll do that little 'hop' into bed, just to make sure no one / nothing can get me.... because we all know that the moment your feet are off the floor, you're totally safe! :D

Me too!!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am a 35 year old scaredy cat. Nightlight,no open closet doors, husband sleeps by the closet, nothing even close to the edge of the bed. I must be covered all times and would never look on the mirror in the dark. My husband tolerates all of this insanity.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm just plain scared of the dark, and i have to be covered when i sleep, thinking a knife can't cut thru the sheets....makes me feel safe anyways...always slept with a light on until i got married. But still very scared of the dark...
    Isn't funny how much safer being under those blankies makes one feel? The ghosts and monsters can't hurt me if i'm under here, can't seeeee meeeee.....

Isn't it funny? I found this on Pinterest one day and had to repin it because its so true, lol!

249840_700b.jpg

I was never afraid of monsters in the closet, but absolutely certain that if my arms or legs dangeled over the edges of my bed a crazy psycho would chop them off with a chainsaw. I blame my dad who would let us watch all kinds of scary horror movies (he loved Friday the 13th movies). I also had intense nightmares for about 6 months after he let my sister & I watch Pet Cemetary when I was 10. My mom was ready to strangle him, lol.
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was always afraid to sleep near windows because I didn't want the aliens to get me.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I was never worried about 'monsters'.
    I watched toooo many crime shows with my dad as a kid, so growing up I was scared I was going to be murdered.
    I didn't like sleeping near windows or with the blinds open.
    The closet door also always had to be open so that no one could be hiding in there as I sleep.

And of course if I was completely under my blanket, nothing could happen to me.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    To all of you who have expressed on-going concerns about the monsters under the bed or lurking in wardrobes, may I commend to you the services of Brunus Edwardii., whose motto: "Protecting children from the monsters under the bed since 1902" echoes down through generations of successfully grown-up children.

http://begemott.deviantart.com/art/sweet-halloween-dreams-42197587 *

Who can read of the child protecting exploits of Sir Tristan and remain dry of eye or unlumped of throat

* NB I believe the picture is copyright
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Another "completly under the blanket" kid here. My philosophy was if I couldn't see them, they couldn't see me.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Another "completly under the blanket" kid here. My philosophy was if I couldn't see them, they couldn't see me.

That was totally my theory too. Also never leave the closet open.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My parents would never let us watch scary movies. Now that I'm grown up I watch them, but no fear of monsters. As a child, my fear was that my parents were dead. I would have nightmares about it and would run to their room to make sure they were alive. I guess I was the creepy child that someone posted about. I stood there and just stared at my parents to make sure they were breathing. I did have nightmares about something chasing me through a maze as well, but never had a fear of anything while still awake. However, as an adult, I will admit that I watch too many crime dramas (I love Criminal Minds marathons) and do sometimes get freaked out thinking someone might come in and slaughter me and my family. It doesn't help that we live at the end of a country road. Once about midnight, I woke up and looked out our patio door and saw two lights in the woods behind our house. Turns out the neighbor let a couple of friends spot racoons and they wandered onto our property. I have to admit, I did consider getting a gun after that!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    How many of you were afraid that there was a monster in your closet or under your bed? Would you make sure the closet door was closed or keep hands and feet on the bed at all times? Do you still do this?

I was more afraid of my mom walking in while busy .... under the covers!!!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was always afraid they were under my bed, so I would run and jump into bed so I didn't have to be near the sides haha.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    The covers have magical powers of protection...and yes, they still do. Monsters still appear in my bedroom, they don't bother to hide under the bed anymore..but I do still hide under the covers, until they go away. It is what it is...you can't run, but yes, you can hide.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I'm just plain scared of the dark, and i have to be covered when i sleep, thinking a knife can't cut thru the sheets....makes me feel safe anyways...always slept with a light on until i got married. But still very scared of the dark...
    Isn't funny how much safer being under those blankies makes one feel? The ghosts and monsters can't hurt me if i'm under here, can't seeeee meeeee.....

Isn't it funny? I found this on Pinterest one day and had to repin it because its so true, lol!

249840_700b.jpg

But hiding under the blankets has worked for me for 33 years!!! I'm still kicking! :drinker: