Looking For Something That Would Make Me Accountable.

Options
Hi, My name is Chris.

I am in my mid 40's, married and have 1 child. I am a Type 2 diabetic (diagnosed 12/27/08) with an A1C of 12 when I was diagnosed. I have been able to keep my A1C in between a 5.7 and 5.9 for the last year but it has taken lots of hard work from the standpoint of both exercise and what I eat.

Last summer I kind of "fell of the wagon" and have been struggling ever since. I have been looking for a site that I could use to make myself accountable. I learned about MFP from an application I downloaded for my iPod. It looks like maybe I have found that place.

Glad this is here and look forward to using the tools here and meeting others. I am following MFP on Facebook also.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Chris

Replies

• gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi Chris, and welcome! This is a great place for helping keep you accountable, and lots of wonderful people and info to help along the way!

Good luck achieving your goals :flowerforyou:
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chris!

This site has been the only thing that has ever worked for me! I'm fairly new myself and have had great success so far. I know you will too!!

Good luck!
    Jay
  • jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chris- welcome and good luck. This site is out of sight. A lot of great people to keep you encouraged.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris
    I'm new here too, just joined Monday. I've found the site so far to be very friendly and motivating. As far as accountability, I didn't realize until today that you're food diary is automatically private, but you can go into your settings and make it public to everyone or at least to your friends that you make along the way here. That may help with accountability. I know it will for me, lol. I edited mine today to make it public. Plus, you can get ideas for healthy good foods/recipes stuff from seeing other people's food diaries. Welcome aboard!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! It is awesome here.