Anyone recommend good home treadmill

Options
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a treadmill for home I have no idea which ones are best, can anyone recommend a smallish one thats still decent and stury , I'm looking for something that isn't mega expensive as well ,

Any advice appreciated x

Replies

• ksb205
    ksb205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Sole is a good brand and good quality. I don't have one yet, but that is the one I would look at. I know several people who have the Sole 83 and swear by it. If you live in a cold area of the Untied States, access to a treadmill is importans.

It is not mega expensive like a Precore, but it is somewhere in the middle between the cheapies and the mega exensive ones.
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, I bought one from this company a few years ago. They only sell on the internet. If you are looking in the $1000 to $2000 range, I would recommend looking at Smooth Fitness. http://www.smoothfitness.com/treadmills. There are cheaper and more expensive brands but I found the quality at my price point with this company. Good luck.
  • superchunk17
    superchunk17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am not a treadmill expert, but I did some research a while back while I was in the market. The size of motor and length of track you need all depends on the types of exercise you plan on doing. You mentioned in your post that you want a small treadmill. Small treadmills are only good for walking. If you plan on doing any jogging or actual running, you will need a decent motor and longer track length. As you may have guessed; the price goes up with size and power. Your best bet is to buy one from craigslist or the paper. Now is not a bad time of year to look. With money tight around the holidays, some people might be willing to sell you a $3000-$5000 treadmill/clothing hanger that they don’t use pretty cheap. Don’t wait until after the New Year, that’s when everyone is looking to get in shape!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    On my second Pacemaster and have been happy with both. While money is important so if how much you like it. You'll have it 10-15 years or so and a little mo can make the difference over the long haul
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    what price range are you looking for?
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks all good advice, i am not looking for tiny but something that isn't massive and maybe folds smallish/ it has to go in our bedroom . im in the uk and looking for something around £600/700 i know i won't get a great deal for that but have seen some people selling what look like decent ones for around that price, its juts nice if you get some advice first ,

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    On my second Pacemaster and have been happy with both. While money is important so if how much you like it. You'll have it 10-15 years or so and a little mo can make the difference over the long haul

I'm still on my first one (Pacemaster Silver) 10 years & counting.......
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I bought a used Nordictrack on CL for $50. Cheap because it is pretty old and the incline motor is broken but I'm thrilled for the price. The bottom folds up so it wouldn't take up too much room when not in use. everyone I know with a Nordictrack is happy with it.
  • stanleyc0110
    Options
    Maidofstone, I use the Bowflex treadmill. It really works well for me. It may be bit expensive, but I like it. You have the stair-stepper, as well as a regular treadmill. I like that you can incline the treadmill which increases the work out. I watch television while I am on the treadmill. That way I can stay on it for a considerable amount of time. By watching television, my mind is occupied with the TV show and not so much on the workout. I have had it for several years and it still gives good service. Also, by having it in my home, I do not have to go to the gym for a workout. Also, it gives you the calorie count and step count, as well as the time spent. You can vary the speed. I start out at a moderate pace to warm up, then gradually increase the pace to get a really good work out. Come rain or shine, I can work out when I like. I recommend that you get a good machine. A good machine will give you a great work out. Anyway, I have found it works well for me. Hope this helps. All the best, Stan
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We're on our 2nd. Sole, my first one (F80) drowned in a flood ;-(

Our current one (F83 - last years leftover sale price) has had a few issues, but it seems that Sole is going to make this one run as wonderfully as our first one.

Aside from the folding lock mechanism on our latest making an annoying "clock... click... click" sound every time you land a foot, the machines are surprisingly quiet & well-made. Once Sole fixes that - well, life will be good!

I recommend Sole... "current issues" aside.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would definitly go to stores that let you try them out. I found several that the track was too short, too narrow, didn't cushion my impact, etc. Some I kept overstepping on as my stride was too long. the ones with the too narrow track, I felt like I was walking the gang plank and would lose my balance. The cushion surface kept me from getting sore joints especially at my weight. I got a proform and ended up paying over $500. It does fold up so when not in use does not take up much room. I caution against putting it in the bedroom or it may become an expensive clothes rack.