DVD, Wii exercise game suggestions

Options
I am looking for a new addition for my cardio days. I lift 2-3 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days a week. What are some of your favorites either on DVD or Wii, difficulty level and why do you like them?

Thanks!

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    bump for later! i'm thinking about getting a wii and would love to have exercise games for it.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    DVD current favourite is 30 Day Shred.
    Loads of info on this site about it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    DVD current favourite is 30 Day Shred.
    Loads of info on this site about it.

30 Day Shred really hurt my knees.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Zumba which I love and The Michael Jackson Experience which I REALLY love. With both of them you get so into the music you forget that you look like a dead fish flailing around and you're a heap of sweat when you're done!! I also have Just Dance 3 but I hate the music so that one is collecting dust. DVDs on deck: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Insanity, and P90X. I mix them all up because looking at the same person everyday gives me a headache, but the end reults if you can stick to them are priceless!
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Silly as it sounds, I love the Just Dance games for wii. They help me up my cardio and mix it up from my walking/jogging routine, and they are so much fun. I realized I am even more uncoordinated than I thought, but who cares when you get to dance, sing and jump around burning calories all the while.
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and Zumba. Love both of them. I use them on days my knee and back are bothering me My son has Tony Hawk Ride I like that too.

Also I have the Biggest Loser DVD and several Leslie Sansone Walk Away Pounds DVD. They are both great and really get my heart rate up.
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    i'm currently doing the biggest loser challenge game for the wii it's fab I found the light and moderate exercises bit too easy i'm now doing the challenging level and I love it!! it gives you other little challenges too!

bon xx
  • SnoBunny
    SnoBunny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are loads of great DVD's and Wii games that will get you results as well as having fun. My fav DVD's are a mixture of any thing Jillian Micheals, Leslie Sansons walking dvds are great, Hip Hop abs, Turbo Fire is pretty intense, Gilad is great. Wii I do the wii sports, zumba, jillian micheals, just dance is good as well.
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    Silly as it sounds, I love the Just Dance games for wii. They help me up my cardio and mix it up from my walking/jogging routine, and they are so much fun. I realized I am even more uncoordinated than I thought, but who cares when you get to dance, sing and jump around burning calories all the while.

do you have to have anything special besides game ?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    For Wii EA Sports Active 2.0 is the very best I can think of. I also like Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. I haven't found any other Wii games that really push.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am just looking for something new to do for cardio. It doesn't have to be a game.

do you have to have anything special besides game ?
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have wii active, and I sort-of love it. The problem is that sometimes it doesn't register the wimote, leading to prolonged waits. I also find trying to hold the wii-mote and the elastic band at the same time to be difficult.

Wii sports resort is fun, and wii fit. For me, the trick is to come up with a routine where you don't have to spend a minute or two selecting your next activity.

Good luck and report back if you find something awesome. I'm now trying Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, at it kicks my butt more than any of the wii games.