Anyone have some recipes they'd like to share?

Options
I'm new to the calorie count and so I'm needing some ideas for healthy meals that are also tasty. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• determined136
    Options
    I have a great Turkey Chili recipe that is filling, tasty and low cal.

Below

Homemade Chili

1 pound extra lean ground turkey
    1 15 oz can of dices tomatoes (liquid included)
    1 15 oz can of red kidney beans – drained
    1 8 oz can Hunts tomato sauce
    ½ medium white onion, diced
    1 4 oz can green chilies (liquid included)
    2 Tablespoons chopped celery
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    1 cup water

Brown ground meat over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking. Strain meat and rinse will under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat. Place meat in a crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.

Makes 9 – 1 cup servings. When I put this is the recipe builder it give me about 120 calories per serving.
  • bethanyclaire88
    Options
    I made this recipe the other night

White Bean Chicken Chili

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 large yellow onion
    14 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
    2 14 ounce cans of great northern beans, drained & washed
    1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
    3.5 cups chicken broth
    1 t cumin (I might add more next time)
    1/8 t cayenne pepper (more if you like spice)
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/4 cup skim milk

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add chicken and boil until they are cooked through, with no pink remaining (20-30 min). Remove, drain water and dice into bite-sized cubes (I actually reserved 1/2 breast to use in salads instead of adding it to the chili- I’m pretty sure my chicken was a DD)
    Combine milk and cornmeal in a small bowl and allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the chili
    Add olive oil to a large stockpot and heat; add onions and saute until translucent
    Add beans, tomatoes, spices, chicken, and broth. Stir and bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes
    Add cornmeal-milk mixture and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
    Remove from heat and allow ~5 minutes for chili to thicken
    Serve with sharp grated cheddar or other toppings of your choice.

It makes ~ 6 servings estimated at 233 calories each. However, this is an estimation because I'm not sure how much my chicken breasts weighed. If you're concerned about sodium intake, you can use unsalted chicken stock.

Enjoy!