Lunch - soup and ?

Options
Going to have some type of Campbell's soup for lunch what is a good low cal option to go with it? I need something to help me feel full all afternoon. I plan on running 3-4 miles after work and will eat a banana before my run.

Replies

• BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Maybe a can of tuna? I usually eat that with soup and some salad (no dressing or very little vinegar).
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What kind of soup? I find that soup is great for taking up space in my stomach without being totally satisfying, which leaves me feeling both stuffed and starving. The solution is to make sure to have some protein in there.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    How about a Larabar? They are pretty good and will give you the protein needed for the run.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love the campbell's boxed butternut squash soup. um um good.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had progresso loaded potato soup (the low calorie one it's 100 cal per serving and I eat the whole can so it was 200cal) with a 60 cal pita toasted with parm cheese sprinkled on top. the whole meal was 285 calories and I was full till late afternoon.
  • pgoad
    pgoad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Protein. Any kind of protein usually helps me feel full longer and suops usually don't have enough.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I had soup yesterday with rolled up low sodium deli turkey slices and a tablespoon of guacamole. Full and satisfied until late afternoon.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like the old Ploughman's Lunch, I have some bread or whole wheat crackers, some cheese and an apple with my soup.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Cashews or almonds and some munchy fruit like sliced apples.

Anything Campbells has tons of salt, BTW. In fact, any store bought soup.
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had homemade butternut squash soup, a Morningstar garden veggie patty and an apple. This will keep me satisfied until late afternoon then I will have some homemade pear sauce.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Something low in sodium?
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have been making the following using a can of soup to keep for the week. This adds the extra protein that I was looking for and still is low cal:

1 can minestrone (or vegetable soup)
    1 can corn
    1 can green beans (you can use mixed veggies or whatever pleases you)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)

I use all low to no sodium contents. Today I had a protein bar with it but it varies, a salad, tuna, fruit...
  • mercymarque
    Options
    protein bar and have some peanut butter with the banana