Those of you looking for the quick fix

Options
Forget about Pills, Creams and Miracle Cures and start thinking Dedication,Determination,Discipline. Change your attitude,change your lifestyle. Your body is your temple and Rome wasn't built in a day. ~Random Tuesday Thought. :)

Replies

• Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I needed this today! Thank you :) after strictly restricting yesterday and disliking my need for more food this morning this makes a lot of sense! No more stressing - what I actually need is pure health. Happy Tuesday! :drinker:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    so true! People ask me how I'm doing it and I tell them that I eat healthy and got moving.
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well said
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Yep!!
    Everyone says Oh you look good, what's your secret? No one wants to hear "I eat right & exercise" they want a pill or secret, a doctor Oz miracle cure.
    If that quack came out with cat urine pills & said it would make your metabolism burn more fat, they'd sell out.

Yack - shortcuts are a bandaid not a cure.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Here here well said :drinker:

I remember this each and every time I workout and as I reflect upon where I was, changes I'm making and where I'm going.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Tell em sister!!! It's not easy, but it is doable. All it takes is time, dedication, and dicipline.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    This is great! Can I also add this: Those that come to MFP to lose "10lbs by X date because I have a function/party to go to" are making a BIG mistake. YOU WILL FAIL if you think of weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle in this way. As soon as you don't lose as fast and you want for X date or as much as you want for X date, you will get frustrated and quit. If you look at this as a long term change, where it is ok to have a slice of pizza, some ice cream or that martini every so often as long as you are getting more exercise and eating better overall, then you will succeed. Hard work, dedication and determination are keys!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    :drinker: My motto
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've learned this the hard way like so many others. I'm not a patient person but I'm learning to be!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yep!!
    Everyone says Oh you look good, what's your secret? No one wants to hear "I eat right & exercise" they want a pill or secret, a doctor Oz miracle cure.
    If that quack came out with cat urine pills & said it would make your metabolism burn more fat, they'd sell out.

So true! Whenever I give my answer of "diet and exercise" or "counting calories" they tend to shut down like they're disappointed. They were hoping there was some pill or food or special diet they could try to lose weight too. Yeah, I get it, I used to hope for a miracle too but then I figured out there was no such thing and I had to just put my nose to the grindstone and put some work into it.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    words of wisdom! love!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It's insane, but I'm having a hard time overcoming the desire to get all the results with none of the work. Where's that miracle?

Thanks for the shot of sanity.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Nice... Preach on.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Amputation removes weight quick!
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been searching my life for that quick fix miracle and surprise never found it. If I only would have spent the same amount of time eating right and moving I would already be there. You dont get fat overnight, you dont get thin overnight. You get healthy by working at it.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Yep!!

I'd take cat urine pills if it burned more fat. =)