What other Apps do you use?

Options
Just wondering what other apps people use to help stay focused as well as track progress.

I'm a gadget guy, so having little "toys" helps me stay focused and motivated

I love MFP!!!!

I use a Polar chest strap to monitor heart rate while working out

CardioTrainer (Android App) because I put my workouts in there and I get a little colored medal with calories burned in the last 7 days on the notification bar. Seeing the number go down as days pass makes me want to get back to work.

Omoron bady fat calculator

MP3 player. I use my phone with Google Music

Replies

• NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was using Map My Run but the timing and distance was never accurate, I have switch to RunKeeper and it seems to be working great plus it tells me every 5 minutes my distance and average mile time. When I was first starting out I used GetRunning a C25K app and I loved it. I now run 4-5 miles every other day sometimes daily! MFP, Pandora and RunKeeper are used daily with me. I also use the Polar HRM.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    im interested to know what others use as well.. i love MFP but something else could maybe be helpful!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've just switched to Endomondo. It links with MFP and allows me to track my walking and cycling in the same app. I was using Allsport GPS but it doesn't link to MFP and was a little buggy. I like the idea of having my exercise linked to MFP. I'll be walking at lunchtime today and I'm anxious to see how it works.
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also use RunKeeper along with a Polar HRM, but in a few minutes I'm testing out Runtastic since it now syncs with MFP. I like RunKeeper, pretty accurate, but the five minute update got annoying and sometimes I missed out on the song or podcast I was listening to.
  • jkeeling39
    Options
    I have an iPhone so all of the apps I mention can be found in the app store (I believe they are all free too). I really like variety so you will see that I have some that I use rarely.

RunKeeper: I use this all the time to track my runs and when I ride my bike.
    Workout Trainer by Skimble: Has some great workout sequences including a couple of P90X circuits. I'll use this when I just want a quick targeted workout.
    Fitness Buddy: This helps me identify body part specific workouts. Again I like variety so sometimes I'll open it up and look for some isolation exercise that I rarely do.
    StrongLifts: Downloaded the app but haven't gone through the program yet. Probably next spring.
    Seconds (Interval Timer): I use this when I do HIIT exercises. RunKeeper can do this too but I find the interface on this app to be more straight forward.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A couple of other non-fitness apps I use while exercising are PlayerPro for my music and Smart AudioBook Player for listening to audio books. I generally listen to books while I walk and music when I cycle. The books are a good motivator to walk. If I'm into the story I need to walk to find out what happens! I've got upbeat ride music for my cycling. Everything from Savoy Brown, Jethro Tull and Traffic to Sting, Peter Gabriel and Steely Dan.
  • wannabproud
    Options
    Interested as well....
  • spinnc
    spinnc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another board, but I have been using the Fitbit with MFP for about a year and love it. Fitbit just released two new models.

I ordered the Mio Active Connect today with the promo code (MFPlaunch) and am interested to find out if anyone else is using it.
  • harvgrad2000
    harvgrad2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit and endomondo I have synced endomondo with my fitbit. My fitbit synced with MFP. In last few days MFP has made it possible to link endomondo to MFP. Endomondo has several programs to pick from for Kcals burned, I mostly just use it for my bike rides and when I participate in 5k walk/runs. Lets me know when I have hit a mile mark and my times for each mile.
  • harvgrad2000
    harvgrad2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was using Map My Run but the timing and distance was never accurate, I have switch to RunKeeper and it seems to be working great plus it tells me every 5 minutes my distance and average mile time. When I was first starting out I used GetRunning a C25K app and I loved it. I now run 4-5 miles every other day sometimes daily! MFP, Pandora and RunKeeper are used daily with me. I also use the Polar HRM.

Pandora is one of my workout staples. Glad I have an unlimited data plan on my droid
  • rhannie8
    rhannie8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also use RunKeeper along with a Polar HRM, but in a few minutes I'm testing out Runtastic since it now syncs with MFP. I like RunKeeper, pretty accurate, but the five minute update got annoying and sometimes I missed out on the song or podcast I was listening to.

Don't give up on Runkeeper! The audio updates are completely customizable...I set mine to only update me every 15 minutes, and then to only tell me that it's been 15 minutes (so I know I'm at my halfway point). You can turn the updates off, set them to only tell time or distance, etc...