Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check in ~November 17

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Happy weekend! Hope you have something fun and exciting planned! I am going to a craft show & shopping today - ie lot's of walking! :smile:

Yesterday I started out with that 10 minute bike ride at 90% heart rate. I don't think I'll do that again. I felt fine but I didn't like watching my heartrate go up over 165. Just seemed too high. Anyway, in the evening I did my standard 30 minutes of riding.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! Hope you have something fun and exciting planned! I am going to a craft show & shopping today - ie lot's of walking! :smile:

Yesterday I started out with that 10 minute bike ride at 90% heart rate. I don't think I'll do that again. I felt fine but I didn't like watching my heartrate go up over 165. Just seemed too high. Anyway, in the evening I did my standard 30 minutes of riding.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/target-heart-rate/SM00083

Niccole, you can use this link to double check your target heart rate. I think you should stick to around 85% max. (that's what they say)

Today I walk to belly dance (40 minute round trip) and dance for an hour.

Hope I beat the forecast snow.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Thanks viviakay. I frequently get mine over 85%, but only for a few moments at the end of an interval.

I know it was over yesterday during the hour kickboxing. I did a short 15 minute walk as well.

Today I'm sore everywhere. I think it will be a walking/yoga day.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, went shopping all day in the big town. Plus I burned 300 calories on elliptical last night. Had too... just to even out my day to 1200!

Went to a fast food place, Wendy's, and decided to get a mandarin chicken salad, only used half the dressing package, and drank water. Went home at night to check calories - close to 600 even with only half the dressing. What's the use of a salad if it's so many calories? A little put out, but I'll know better next time to check before leaving home! :grumble:

Mantra POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS :wink:
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Redalee, I was doing the same thing regarding the fast food salads. My son and I visit Burger King every Thursday night while Dad plays softball. I was ordering the Chicken Salad and thought I was being good, when, like you, I actually checked the calories - YIKES!!! Sometimes I feel like I should just order the burger, it has just as many calories. :smile:

This morning I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes, then did the elliptical for 45 minutes. I didn't really want to go this morning, but my husband and I are going to a dinner banquet tonight. Not sure what is on the menu so wanted to burn some extra calories, that way I could have a little extra breathing room tonight. :happy:

Have a great weekend everyone!