Harrisons Law. PLEASE READ

Options
Hi All

This isnt to do with diet or chat but i would like you all to read....

This is dedicated to HARRISON GUY JOYCE my cousins little boy who was tragically taken from us on 4/02/2010.

This group has been started to ban blinds with corded loops which can cause strangulation as what happened to little harrison,

Please if you have family and young children this should strike alarm bells, no child is safe around these blinds whether they have a safety catch or not, hundreds of children have died from this causing families devastation and anger.

I would be grateful if you could sign the petition to get these blinds banned! it takes two minutes of your time and could save lives! ... unfortunatley you do need to be a british citizen to sign as these blinds are already banned in the US so please sign if you are able...

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/HarrisonsLaw/

To find out more about the cause please visit the website www.harrisonslaw.co.uk

And please spread the word to people you know with young children, the pain and hurt is unbearable parents and no-one should have to go through this.

THANKYOU for your time

x

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Is this for those in the UK, (I saw UK in the web address) or is this a United States thing?

EDIT: The petition, I mean. The issue is relevant to EVERY parent or caregiver.
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    Hiya

These types of chords have been banned from production in the USA following 359 children’s deaths between 1985 and 1995.

It is now overdue that the United Kingdom cease the manufacture of these and follow in the sensible footsteps of America and in addition make the population aware of that thousand of these are already fitted in UK homes.

I think you do have to be a uk citizen to sign the petition but thanks for your interest and please spread the word

Rachel xx
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I hope you get tons of people to sign. I am so sorry for your familys tragic loss. I think you taking a active stance to change things is wonderful. I hope everyone in theU.K will take the time to join your cause :flowerforyou:
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words, i hope so too xxx
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss, I live in the US so I cannot sign but being a mother of 2 young boy my heart aches for you all and I am lifting you all and your cause up in prayers.
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this has happened to your cousin. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    thankyou all for your lovely comments x