Plateau :(

Options
I've been at the same weight (or maybe a pound more) for over a week after 7 weeks of consistently losing about 2 pounds per week. I had strep throat over the weekend and barely ate at all because my throat hurt so bad and even with that I didn't lose anything! Any ideas on why? I've been super consistent with my eating.

Replies

• deamarie
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you have been losing that much weight, and then didn't eat for a couple days, your body is probably holding on to everything thinking you are starving. Keep it up and your body will learn you aren't punishing you are praising!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not in a plateau. A plateau is like weeks and weeks at the same weight despite maintaining diet and exercise. Besides, you couldn't have expected to keep up a 2 lb. weight loss each week when you have so little to lose? Relax, it will come. If you're eating right and exercising, you will lose. Your sickness probably did have something to do with it as inflammation from sickness=water retention. Just drink plenty of fluids and keep doing what you're doing and you will be fine! :flowerforyou:
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Get yourself healthy first!

Then get back on track eating and I say start back up slowly working out, and not getting to your potential till a few days in. Give it another week, then re-access.