Wii Fit Scale V. Regular Taylor Bathroom Scale

Options
So today i decided to break out Wii Fit since I've been sick and don't want to completely shut out working out, i figured going 30 minutes of light working out would be a good idea. I hadn't been on in a couple of years and I was amazed at the results it was giving me. At first it was about 20 pounds lighter then my bathroom scale, then I realized i was on a rug so moved it off the rug and did it on solid floor. It told me about 5 pounds off my bathroom scale weight, which one do I go by?

Replies

• JennBennett410
    Options
    It's so funny I busted mine out too. I just finished my forth half marathon and I need a break from running. It told me I was 8 pounds heavier but I did have on my sneakers and all my clothes...
    I don't know which one to go by, I feel like every scale is different!
    GOOD LUCK and feel better
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it weights around 10lbs heavy for me compared to a regular scale. I've even tried it in the buff (lol) and it was still off by quite a bit.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I dusted mine off yesterday too, but the batteries were dead. I would use the bathroom scale, it's probably calibrated more accurately. I know mine is only a pound or two off from the doctor's scale.
  • Javelin3o4
    Javelin3o4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    it may not be the most accurate way to tell. But sometimes I will take 25lbs worth of weights and throw it on my scale to see what it comes up with. Last time I did it 25lbs was 24.5 on my scale so either the scale is off by .5 or the weights were off but I'm ok with it being only .5 off.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So today i decided to break out Wii Fit since I've been sick and don't want to completely shut out working out, i figured going 30 minutes of light working out would be a good idea. I hadn't been on in a couple of years and I was amazed at the results it was giving me. At first it was about 20 pounds lighter then my bathroom scale, then I realized i was on a rug so moved it off the rug and did it on solid floor. It told me about 5 pounds off my bathroom scale weight, which one do I go by?
    Not the wii scale.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily on the Wii, personally, I don't think it matters so much which scale but just be consistent and track your weight with the same one. I have a fairly new digital one, and it can be off a few pounds depending on where on the bathroom fllor it is placed (and we have a new house so it is a level floor).
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My Wii is about 1.5 pounds higher than my bathroom scale, but it is consistent.

I choose to believe my bathroom scale! :wink:
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My wii fit scale is pretty in line with the doctors scale. I weigh nude at home (not at the doctors) so MAYBE the wii scale at home thinks im a lb heavier. I have a tile floor and you need to make sure to replace the batteries fairly regularly, I got home after 3 months gone and before/after bat replacement was about 5 lb different.

Either way using the SAME scale is best, consistency.
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I have 2 bathroom scales. A digitial one, and one that is like old fashioned. lol
    My digital one shows me 10 pounds heavier than the needle point scale. And my wii shows me the same as the needle point. Ive replaced the batteries in the digital one. So confusing! LOL