Loose Skin... :/

Options
I am down 112lbs. The main struggle I am confronted with now is the loose skin. I never realized it would be as big of an issue as it is. Looking for suggestions, tips, etc. on how to rid my body of the excess. I feel like I could be another 10lbs lighter if it were gone. Skin removal surgery (the television quick fix) is not an option... Help!

Replies

• MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Strength training
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Ugh I hear you. I'm told strength training, lotion, and time is the only thing that helps. I don't have loose skin yet, but my fat is changing. It's gone from smooth and hard to lumpy and droopy. My stomach hangs lower. It sucks
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    some doctors will see loose skin as a health issue, and if they give the go ahead and your insurance company OK's it, you may be able to get the loose skin removed.... as far as I know though, it's not recommended until you lose the amount of weight you wanted to get down to. i know i'll have a lot when the time comes. the reason they see it as a health risk is because underneath that flap of skin, bacteria and yeast could build and it can cause rashes and infections. i fully plan on asking my doc to let me go through with the extra skin removal process when i'm down to a healthy weight. but until then, strength training and toning exercises should at least help the elasticity of your skin and maybe firm it up a little.

edited: whoops! i just saw where you said this isn't an option for you. sorry! it's mid-day and my eyes aren't focusing as well anymore!
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I too had loose skin after having kids, since, I have done a lot of strength training, and a lot of core work, with planks and push ups. It still is not perfect but my arms have shape, where they used to hang and my tummy is tighter. Good luck! I recently sent you a friend request.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing loss!

Plenty of loose skin here, and more on the way. Strength training and eventual surgery are the options I'm going with. I'll take an entire body of loose and sagging skin over my old body 100% of the time.

I've never seen the "television quick fix" skin surgery option, but after seeing my own body I firmly believe that there is no other option to fully look "normal" other than plastic surgery from a qualified surgeon. It's going to hurt, and it's going to cost, but those are the facts for me and I've come to happily accept it as a natural byproduct of my life choices.

/yikes - not trying to sound like Debbie Downer, I'm very happy with where I am and where I'm going :smile:
  • mercymarque
    Options
    strengh training.... its so important. Some dvds to check out would be Jillian Michael Ripped in 30 and 30 day shred. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30. I'm only on week one day 4 tonight. I see change already... or it could be hopeful thinking. I'm gonna have my cousin take some pics.
  • DCHound
    DCHound Posts: 12
    Options
    112 pounds - WOW! Great job!!

Non-surgical skin tightening IS possible. I am obsessed with the topic, have done a ton of research on it, and compiled my findings into a website and book. There are vitamins, minerals, oils and extracts that help, as well as some simple exercises, staying hydrated and lifting weights. If you're interested in the details, visit the website www.firmlooseskin.com where you can read a sample of the book and the book's available from Amazon.com in Kindle version (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MT4588/ref=nosim?tag=firlooski-20&linkCode=sb1&camp=212353&creative=380549) or paperback (http://astore.amazon.com/firlooski-20/detail/1480057290).

Outstanding job on your weight loss!! I've lost almost 200 pounds since 2008 so I know just how tough it is, but totally worth it.