30 day shred, is it okay to take a break day?

Options
Anyone who's done the 30 day shred, is it okay to take a break day with no exercise? I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now every day, but today my muscles are so sore and I'm just out of energy!

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's definitely ok. I had 1 or 2 rest days every week and still got good results.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It's on rest days that your muscles repair and rebuild themselves. Your muscles will not grow as much when you are working them every day.

JM suggests 1 day off a week, she was asked during a podcast and said to take a day off once a week with all her fitness regimes.
  • AntoneWood
    Options
    You should always have a rest day! Your muscles need the rest. Should not do 30 days with no rest.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did it for 5 days and took the weekends off to do something else.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yes, listen to your body.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...I think you can do something else, but a day or two off from jillian is a good idea. I am doing Ripped in 30, but I only do every other day b/c I run every other day...it seems to be a winning combo so far. But JM makes me more sore than running that's for sure...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yes listen to your body for sure
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    actually Jillian recommends 2 days 30 ds, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30ds, 1 day rest. Then repeat. She doesn't actually recommend doing it a straight 30 days through...
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Listen to your body and do not buy into anyone that tells you that you must do everything perfectly....or else why bother doing it at all. Taking a day off when you need it hardly makes you fail, right? If you are very sore, your body needs a day off to recover.
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    I recently finished 30 DS. I did the first 10 days with no breaks. The last few days of the 10 were horrible, I had no energy, so I wasn't burning a lot of calories. I started taking a break once a week and I had more energy to do 30DS the rest of the week. I still had great results in the end. I lost more inches than pounds though, so take your measurements if you haven't already.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else, but adding:

If you *don't* take any rest days then you are missing out on half the benefits of the program. This program is combining strength training with cardio. So if you aren't giving your muscles any recovery time, you've practically turned it into a straight cardio program.