NaNoWriMo 2012

Options
DollyMiel
DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
Considering NaNoWriMo is in November every year, I'm probably really jumping forward in time here, but I'm curious as to how many MFPers are also NaNoers. I know you're out there; I just didn't want to revive dead topics from previous years. :D

(For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, and it happens every year in November. You write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Simple as that...! pfft...)

I'd also like to create a group, because gah, I can barely concentrate on a novel and schoolwork as it is, so how am I supposed to stay on track with this losing weight thing, too? Anyone on board with that idea?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I want to do NaNoWriMo, but I have a sister's wedding this year and I may be doing a college class, so I think the odds of actually participating are low. :)
  • aliceg94
    aliceg94 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing it this year! Well, at least I'm going to give it a good try. I'd love to be in a group if you ever made one. :happy:
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    I want to do NaNoWriMo, but I have a sister's wedding this year and I may be doing a college class, so I think the odds of actually participating are low. :)
    I've got four intense classes this semester... I'm still going to go for it!

I think even writing a little is better than writing nothing; seems like one of the aims of NaNo in the first place: you may not 'win', but you'll still have written something even when you thought you couldn't. It's eye opening.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    here i am!
    i hit 26,000 last november
    and i quit the camp nanowrimo after i got a job with 7,000 words.
    i'd love to do a group!
    :)
  • LLEB92
    Options
    I've done it for the past 2 years and failed but I'm really going to go for it this year. I'm going to take this time until November to plan the crap out of my idea so I have a chance of winning. Good luck.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to actually complete a NaNoWriMo but I think I'm going to give it a go... Again! :)
  • GaidenJade
    Options
    I am thinking of trying it this year. Trouble is finding the time to get that done plus working on my other novels. Busy busy busy! :explode:
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    You guys are awesome! For those of you who are still uncertain, again, I definitely encourage you to go for it regardless. :D

I think I'll create the group later on and send invites out, so let me know if you're interested in being in the group so I can put your usernames on the list.
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Yes. I'm in.

I would like to be included in your group. Also, anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free.

S.
  • DollyMiel
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8227-nanowrimo

Here you go, guys! I sent invites to those of you who seemed super sure you were going to do it (so apologies if you wanted an invite but I didn't send one, haha).
  • herrhitman
    Options
    Every year I think I should do it, and then every year November comes and goes and I haven't even written a word.
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    I plan on attempting to do it this year too!
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This will be my 4th year of NaNoWriMo. I've won the past two years.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it this year....last year was my first year =D
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    I've always admired people who successfully complete NaNoWriMo and I've wanted to give it a go! I've got classes too though and they have been kicking my butt this term!
  • branflake123
    Options
    Hello, this is actually my first post on myfitnesspal. I just joined and was browsing around to see if I could find anything that interested me. The biggest thing upcoming that I'm looking forward to is NaNo. This will be my third time attempting it. The first time I hit somewhere in the 25k mark, and last year I had just started a new job so I failed at around 5k words. This year I've really prepared and I'm hoping to be successful in it *crosses fingers*
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    YES!! I finally found something I am trying thats new other than this whole lifestyle change! YAY! I invited myself to the group haha I'll see ya'll there too!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've been doing NaNoWriMo for 10 years now. Never won, but that's not really why I do it. :) I just love the kick-start it gives my brain...
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This will be my fourth attempt. I'm completed it once. Last year I didn't even bother. Cannot WAIT for midnight to get here!