What body type are you?

Options
2»

Replies

• mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm more elongated weeble than anything else right now!
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm an endomorph who wishes they were a mesomorph.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm between a Mesomorph and Ectomorph
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    It seems I am endo-mesomorph... cardio-training here I am... ^^'
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm an endomorph, also known as the perpetually fatty Mcfatfat. :(
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    I have no clue. I hope I'm an ectomorph because I'd really rather be thin and lean rather than bulky.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Thanks for this. I don't eat fast food, or go to resturaunts. My biggest problem is eating late and my love affair with bread. Had a rough patch where I ate candy, but generally I don't do it. I'm seeing the sad effects of that stupid candy-vacation. Back on the good foot now!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Endomorph. I gain weight easily but lose pretty easily too.

Will always be 190 or 200+ until I start losing muscle at older ages.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    HI everyone :)

I am this type

ECTOMORPHS are generally those people who are slim/slender with naturally high metabolisms. You might know a friend who eats what they want, when they want and never seems to put any weight on....they'd most likely be an Ectomorph.

I am a mom to 4 kids..I didn't need to lose weight any other place except my stomach area, which I was able to do!! I lost 18+ lbs mainly in my stomach which I was so happy about. Now I am trying to gain a little bit of muscle to get toned :)
  • raethepain
    raethepain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Endomorph. Strong but weight does not change easily! Also a very exaggerated hourglass, which is good for looks but bad for my back! (all weight goes to my bum and boobs, puts a LOT of strain on my fairly small waist!)
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    MESOMORPHS - no doubt
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Endomorph with maybe a little mesomorph thrown in. I do excel at strength training. I'm naturally very muscular and one of those rare females who's actually fairly adept at adding muscle. Genetic outlier. Whatever you wanna call it.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    ECTOMORPH most of the time. or something between endomorph and ectomorph
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd post the question so people can be informed about the different body types that exist: ECTOMORPH, MESOMORPH AND ENDOMORPH.

Most of us however are rarely one of these but more often than not a combination of two with greater emphasis on one. For example I am a combination of Endomorph (60%) and Mesomorph (40%). Basically I find I can put on weight and muscle quite easily but have to watch what I eat.

ECTOMORPHS are generally those people who are slim/slender with naturally high metabolisms. You might know a friend who eats what they want, when they want and never seems to put any weight on....they'd most likely be an Ectomorph.

MESOMORPHS are your atheletic body types, they usually excel in sports and look they work out even with little or no exercise. They can generally eat what they want but never seem to struggle with their weight providing they have a minimal exercise regime.

ENDOMORPHS are those who have to watch what they eat strictly ( just looking at chocolate can add weight :sad: ) however one advantage endomorphs have is that they seem to excel in strength type exercises ie bodybuilding.

Well anyway that's a brief rundown on different body types so I thought I'd post the question and see what alot of us are :smile:

Cheers from Australia! :wink:

I'm pretty much like you. I often tell people that I was built to be an athlete, but never adopted the lifestyle. Hence, I ended up being a fat slob instead of a fit jock. However, I am fortunate that I can build muscle pretty easily, so my fitness level improves at a rapid rate even though weight does not come off easily. This seems to be a family trait, as my three brothers are this way as well.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Endomorph. I gain weight easily but lose pretty easily too.

Will always be 190 or 200+ until I start losing muscle at older ages.

Don't lose it. Keep weights in your routine as long as you can.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Mesomorph. I've been involved in sports since middle school. Just that when the season finishes, I start to put on pounds because I eat as if I were in sport still.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    CherishQuick wrote:
    I'm an endomorph trying to survive in a ectomorph world. Any words of encouragement sure would be appreciated.
    Commiseration! I too am an Endomorph, or as I define it on my MFP profile, "the type who dream of chocolate cake and wake up 10 lbs. heavier." :p Bonus: I'm married to and cook for the Ectomorph of Ectomorphs, which certainly makes Endomorph life interesting.

Words of encouragement? You're not in this alone, at least, your Endomorph comrades are suffering right along with you. ;) Something I like to remind myself, e.g., when I observe our Othermorph cousins happily stuffing their faces without lasting consequence: Others may, I cannot. It is what it is.
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to be a mesomorph / ectomorph - I ate to fuel my life, had no interest in food for foods sake and built muscle very quickly. Now I'm 20 yrs older everything has changed :( I love food, love eating and it forms a big part of my life. Whereas I used to swim lots for maybe 6 weeks and complain that my neck and shoulders looked too muscly, now that doesn't happen. And, if I think about food I put on weight. Does it change over time for others?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm mostly ectomorph. I've gotten away with basically eating anything I wanted over the last decade and maybe have a bit less than a couple of extra pounds around my booty. I have friends that are green with envy, as they are heavy and have to watch every bite they put into their mouths if they don't want to gain.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Sure is tough.