Kind of new, need friends.

Options
gil_u
gil_u Posts: 165 Member
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to MFP, and I think I finally got the hang of this thing, but I need to add more friends. People with motivation, perspective, and fun ideas on how we can all achieve our goals would be great. I've been using MFP daily for the past two weeks, and would love to see how other people are doing as well. I'm also interested in how people are achieving their goals as well.

Replies

• MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Happy to help if I can, feel free to add me! Good luck with your goals, the support on here is pretty amazing! x
  • Clare_10
    Clare_10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am quite new to actually using MFP regularly so would be happy to be added on here, as like you need more friends!
  • Hiccup90
    Hiccup90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm new too, sort of. I was here about 3 years ago but I'm back now and starting again.
    I say the more the merrier so I love friend requests from nice people.
    I like seeing what others are doing for exercise. It gives me ideas and I sometimes turn it into a competition (In my mind) to beat my friends by doing a bit more exercise/burning a few more calories. It keeps me going and spurs me on to do an extra hour of zumba or something.

If you fancy adding me then I'd more than happily be your friend :)
  • Hiccup90
    Hiccup90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh and good luck with your weight loss journey
  • gil_u
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I really appreciate it.
  • gil_u
    Options
    I like your style. Let the competition begin! :-)
  • aimiee88
    aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, your welcome to add me as a friend =)

I started MFP last week, and it has been fantastic! Love it! The people and support on here is amazing, and is really keeping me going!
    I have lost 6pound already! I have also been good over the weekend keeping to my calories and exercising everyday, and weekends is normally when i fail! I have been able to say no to chocolate and cake if others are eating it around me and offered! YAY

Would be great to know what other people are doing to get to their goal and what exercises are going on, so we can share and get to that goal weight!

=)
  • gil_u
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm new too, sort of. I was here about 3 years ago but I'm back now and starting again.
    I say the more the merrier so I love friend requests from nice people.
    I like seeing what others are doing for exercise. It gives me ideas and I sometimes turn it into a competition (In my mind) to beat my friends by doing a bit more exercise/burning a few more calories. It keeps me going and spurs me on to do an extra hour of zumba or something.

If you fancy adding me then I'd more than happily be your friend :)

I meant to reply on here. I like your style. Let the competition begin! lol :smile:
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    My doors are open :)
    I joined a few months ago and don't regret a thing!
    You can do it :)
  • MijJurnee
    MijJurnee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! :-) I am just signing up today, get this hotness started. After a struggle with infertility, 5 losses and ultimately having 3 babies all within 3.5 years, my body is out of whack!

I am embarking upon an incredible journey of transformation and have been using my "lack of hotness" as a way to stay hidden, play small and not share my gifts and talents with the world.. :-) Further, not "get out there" and share with other woman how to get pregnant, stay pregnant and deliver healthy babies after losses and infertility... and overall, just how to change their lives today- the easy way.

I am an athlete who has been so focused of "getting babies", that I have lost every ounce of my self... :-) :laugh: :tongue: Love those babies though haha haha...

....but I know I have a greater contribution to the world, than "breeding", and would love to get my swag back. :love: :laugh:

I have never done anything like this before, but want to be accountable so that I may create the epic shift for myself (return to hotness) and share with others...

With 3 under 3, not sure how I can rework those limited 24 hours all of us get each day, but I am on it.

Thank you for reading and I soooo look forward to connecting with you wonderful action takers. YAY!:smile::flowerforyou:
  • MijJurnee
    MijJurnee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey there... I am athlete in need of a little comp-peration --- thats..... competition + cooperation:laugh:

Im in. I just started today. :-)
  • joyceellison
    joyceellison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    jsut stick to your calories you will be fine I have lost 1stone 12lb and feel great Joyce
  • laurachristina92
    Options
    feel free to add me! :smile:
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Frazer here, I'm on here daily so feel free to add me.
  • momhargrove
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I'm on here because I'm getting older and in the past 3 yrs things have gotten tough, well as far as weightloss is concerned. I will be 38 this month and have given myself a challenge and want to be held accountable for it. Goal is......run a marathon on or as close to my 40th bday! I run 1-3 miles every other day and have started Insanity and today is the start of week 2. I have ran a 5k mudrun and it was an awesome experience. I know 3 miles is nothing compared to 26 miles, but I'm gonna do it and I'm excited about it. I'm a very competitive person and NEVER want to be last and failure is not an option. I would like to develop some friendships and lets take these bulls by the horns!!! Good luck to everyone and remember you need to eat to lose weight, don't want that body to go into starvation mode;) have a great week
  • gil_u
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I'm on here because I'm getting older and in the past 3 yrs things have gotten tough, well as far as weightloss is concerned. I will be 38 this month and have given myself a challenge and want to be held accountable for it. Goal is......run a marathon on or as close to my 40th bday! I run 1-3 miles every other day and have started Insanity and today is the start of week 2. I have ran a 5k mudrun and it was an awesome experience. I know 3 miles is nothing compared to 26 miles, but I'm gonna do it and I'm excited about it. I'm a very competitive person and NEVER want to be last and failure is not an option. I would like to develop some friendships and lets take these bulls by the horns!!! Good luck to everyone and remember you need to eat to lose weight, don't want that body to go into starvation mode;) have a great week

This is great! I have very similar goals. I want to complete a 5k and a 10k mud run next year. The year after that, I want to run the LA Marathon. I know we can achieve these goals!
  • maliawarren
    maliawarren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat! Been with the app for a little while, but I'm going through a plateau. Some motivating friends would be awesome! I'm truly dedicated this time around (it's been many years of up and down weight loss/gain) for me, I can feel it in my bones :) It'd be great to meet some like-minded people! I can offer loads of motivational support as well!
  • maliawarren
    maliawarren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! A marathon! So exciting! You can do it!
  • aversc
    aversc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just started this as I've recently started working night shift and have really gained some weight. Would love some friends to get this 20lb weight loss thing started!. Not sure how to add anyone yet...
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!