FitBit and Logging...

Options
Since we are wearing the FitBit.... does that mean we don't have to log our Running and Walking anymore. The fitbit takes care of everything.

Can anyone shine a light on how this thing interacts with this website

Replies

• acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Anyone? Bump Bump
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Since we are wearing the FitBit.... does that mean we don't have to log our Running and Walking anymore. The fitbit takes care of everything.

Can anyone shine a light on how this thing interacts with this website

Suggest that you join the Fitbit group and ask there. All those folks have and use Fitbits.
  • jonkers2012
    jonkers2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol have patience! It can take days to get a reply sometimes ;) I wear a fitbit, and all you need to do is log the exercise on MFP. If you put in the time you started MFP will relate that to activity recorded for that time on fitbit. Hope that helps...
  • kscalish
    Options
    I have and wear a fitbit, but I notice it doesn't sync well with myfitnesspal. I'll walk 1 mile and it says i burned 16 calories. Othertimes it won't show at all on myfitnesspal. I plug in my exercise apart from fitbit, but I don't use my exercise to eat more so it doesn't really matter if I go over on exercise or not.
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit. In the beginning, I linked it to my MFP account, and they talked to each other. MFP told Fitbit what I ate, and Fitbit told MFP how many calories I burned. It seemed like a match made in heaven. But, within a couple of weeks, I became frustrated with the calorie information Fitbit was sending to MFP. First, it was over stating the calories, then it began grossly understating. I didn't take a lot of time to figure out why, I just unlinked the two accounts and went back to logging my exercise calories based on my heart rate monitor readings. I hope you have better luck!
  • Hey__Im__Krista
    Options
    I have unlinked my accounts and just do the math myself, fitbit adjustments have been almost 1000 calories, but on my actual fitbit, calories burned has only been a 400, got tired of asking over and over for someone to explain the numbers, no one could.
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I only log my intense cardio and strength training exercises... but daily walks, i let the FitBit take over. I wear it all day long and use it to log my sleep as well. MFP has fixed the way it calculates the calories from the FitBit so I just let it do its thing. It will subtract how much you went over your TDEE and that will be your extra calories burned. I still tend not to eat those calories back in case there is a discrepancy, but some days I get about 15,000 steps in so I will eat some of those calories back since I know I burned more than my TDEE.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM during workouts and log it on MFP which overrides what the fitbit says I burned. Just gotta make sure you keep track of what time you start your walk/exercise.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything manually - I just let fitbit adjust accordingly. The great thing is, if I've been sedentary ALL DAY and just do a burst of exercise, it doesn't give me that much of an adjustment, because it's taking into account the fact that I haven't moved all day. If I stay active, the adjustment increases.

If I logged activity manually, I'd get the full adjustment for the calories, which may not necessarily be a true reflection of my whole day's worth of work (or non-work, as is usually the case).