Hello - Help

Options
My name is Silvia, I'm from Santa Fe, NM. I need to loose about 40 pounds, and I am terrible at dieting. Any thoughts anyone?

Replies

• manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The big trick is finding the approach/plan that suits you... If you take a wander around the forums you can see how many different journeys people are on...

Hope yours goes well...
  • reneewl
    reneewl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree. Find the right nutritional style and then make small changes. Eat foods you love, just in smaller amounts. If it's really that hard, even slowly cut back your calories to give yourself time to adjust! I've taken MANY breaks during the 160 I've lost and am down to 40 remaining. And it STILL feels daunting some days! Good luck!
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a lifestyle change. That might help!
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do agree with everyone here that you have to look at it as a lifestyle change, not just a diet. Find a plan that works for you and doesn't feel like work. Getting plugged in with other people doing the same always helps too :)
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    First: Don't drink your calories.
    Second: Eat breakfast.
    Third: No double cheeseburgers and fries!
  • eplaytez
    Options
    Everyone's comments are correct, instead of thinking of it as "dieting" think of it as a lifestyle alteration, take it slow at first, and ease into the process. What worked best for me was setting small easily reachable goals vs end goals.

For example, lose x lbs a week vs i must lose 15 pounds in the next 2 months.

Best of luck! Feel free to add.