First Post Ever!!

Options
What's up? I'm sort of new to myfitnesspal.com but I'm no stranger to dieting and weight loss (unfortunately). Since 1/1/09 i've shed 51 lbs and I'm working on dropping another 51this year... looking for encouragement, weight loss partners, new friends, tips, recipes (i'm the world's pickiest eater... ), whatever. Hopefully i can post some Before/During pictures so everyone can see me! :) i'm so excited!

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options
    Wow, first of all congrats on losing 51!! That is a huge accomplishment. Glad you can join us here, it's a great place.

Best of luck shedding the other 51 , you are going to do great.

:flowerforyou:
  • bootoou
    Options
    I am new too, hope to stay motivated.... reading and gathering info is great for me. I love this site that has the power to record all the calories, I have never been a calorie counter but it is unbelieveable really how much I eat calorie wise without realizing it.
    hope to be your friend here...
    Becca
  • emberd
    emberd Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm new too with a bunch of weight to lose. Congratulations on your success!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. :)
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! 51lbs is amazing!

Welcome to MFP, too. :wink:
    If you haven't poked around yet, check out the sticky posts: anything from Banks or SHBoss (same person). MFP works because it's a community, not a diet: we've all seen that diets aren't long-term solutions. It's really important to understand exercise calories and calorie deficits--they're what MFP uses to set out your weight loss and nutrition plans, so you want to make sure everything is calculated correctly and you understand all the pieces. Our goal is to lose weight in a healthy, controlled way (better for your body, helps prevent loose skin, gets you set up for a new and healthier lifestyle).

Post pictures! Seeing others' success is some of the best motivation there is. Can't wait to see 'em!
  • AftonP
    AftonP Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on the first 51lbs. Can you give us any tips on what you did to loose it?
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    good luck you guys!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! check out my blog to see how i did it (am doing it), and i promise i'll get the pics on here soon! I accept all friend requests too so i'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Carol112447
    Options
    Wow! Great job....51 lbs. that is awsome. I am new on here myself, but looking forward to being able to move around in this site with more ease. It always takes me awhile to figure it all out. I'm 61 and so the tech. age is slower coming to me LOL. But I think I am going to like it. Continue in your success my friend that is a great weight loss start.
  • Anna_76
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I want to lose 3 stones but I am struggling! I have been to a certain popular weight lose group in 2008 and lost 2.5 stone with them which was great but I have gradually put that back on since I left in June last year so now I'm back where I started :grumble:

I'm desparate for it to go well this time so I joined this site to help me on my way and to get valuable advice and guidance from fellow dieters such as you guys :happy: