5'4 with under 10lbs to lose

Options
5'4 and 119lbs want to lose 9lbs, whose in the same boat? how can we get there?

Replies

• nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Started 30 day shred today
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    As I've neared my weight goal, I've found that I've had to up my game in a serious way...I have about 10-13 lbs left to lose. So I've been doing the Ultimate Reset to get my diet really tight (if anything undermines my progress its my nutrition). I have lost a total of 6 lbs in the first week and a half. So I'll continue with that nutrition plan because it's completely clean eating. Plus I'll add back in exercise once the UR is done.

What's your plan?
    Best wishes!
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    As I've neared my weight goal, I've found that I've had to up my game in a serious way...I have about 10-13 lbs left to lose. So I've been doing the Ultimate Reset to get my diet really tight (if anything undermines my progress its my nutrition). I have lost a total of 6 lbs in the first week and a half. So I'll continue with that nutrition plan because it's completely clean eating. Plus I'll add back in exercise once the UR is done.

What's your plan?
    Best wishes!

I have been trying to net around 1200, (should = a weight loss of just over .5 of a lb per week but nothing. and ive been exercising (cardio and weights) 3-6 times a week. think i gained a bit of muscle, but def no weight loss.

What is Ultimate reset? maybe i could give this a go?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 5'3.5 and started here at 118 wanting to get to 114.

I was at 1200 per day with no luck for months then upped my calories to 1400 and started losing and got to goal. Then upped to 1500 and kept losing then to 1600 and kept losing all they way down to 107 lbs before I found that 1700 plus exercise cals is where I stopped losing.

So, my advice is to eat more, but in saying that, eat more good foods. I started eating low glycemic foods such as sweet potatoes, steel cut oats and quinoa to my diet to increase my calories and it worked for me, in a big way. I also want to add that I am in my 40s, and it is not easy to lose those last few lbs when you are my age. I swear by the eat more to weigh less concept.

Good luck. The most important advice I can give you is be patient and eat healthy so you can do this long term.
  • snowfox1
    Options

I was at 1200 per day with no luck for months then upped my calories to 1400 and started losing and got to goal. Then upped to 1500 and kept losing then to 1600 and kept losing all they way down to 107 lbs before I found that 1700 plus exercise cals is where I stopped losing.

So, my advice is to eat more, but in saying that, eat more good foods. I started eating low glycemic foods such as sweet potatoes, steel cut oats and quinoa to my diet to increase my calories and it worked for me, in a big way. I also want to add that I am in my 40s, and it is not easy to lose those last few lbs when you are my age. I swear by the eat more to weigh less concept.

Good luck. The most important advice I can give you is be patient and eat healthy so you can do this long term.
    Thankyou so much for your post, your very inspirational :) do you mind me asking what exercise you do? i am scared to eat 1400 cals a day but maybe i should give it a go! i think i would have to make sure i burned a good amount through exercise too get the last pesky pounds off?
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and I have about 9lbs to go, feel free to add me!
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all way taller than me , so i really need to rethink my goal:( I am 5'2 and have been staying between 119 and 121 lbs My goal weight has been 110-112 and i used to be this until a few months ago now i can't seem to get ther. I have been working out like crazy but do not see any change! Help
  • snowfox1
    Options
    Wow you are all way taller than me , so i really need to rethink my goal:( I am 5'2 and have been staying between 119 and 121 lbs My goal weight has been 110-112 and i used to be this until a few months ago now i can't seem to get ther. I have been working out like crazy but do not see any change! Help

yep i have been working out heaps too and no budge, i think im going to have to be very very honest with my food diary haha. how many cals do you eat a day?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    don't forget it also has to do with your build. i am also 5.2 and at 120, my goal is to go no less then 115 ever. i am a med frame, mid 30's.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Thankyou so much for your post, your very inspirational :) do you mind me asking what exercise you do? i am scared to eat 1400 cals a day but maybe i should give it a go! i think i would have to make sure i burned a good amount through exercise too get the last pesky pounds off?

Wrapping my head around it was the hardest part, that is for sure. After I did, I will say the same thing everyone else that has upped their calories has said, they will never go back to under eating again.

By eating more we give our bodies more fuel to give us energy as well as make us feel better over all. I boosted my metabolism by eating more and more often. WE NEED FOOD TO SURVIVE believe it or not.

I have not been exercising much now due to some chronic pain I believe to be fibromyalgia but did all different types of exercise, walking at a very fast pace as well as running along with outside activities like hiking, canoeing and things like that.

I now weigh less than I did 2 years ago and look 10x better because I am doing it right now. I was under eating back then, I had several people ask me if I was sick. Now I am hearing how healthy I look, and its all because I am eating.

I have a healthy cooking page on facebook. The link to it is on my profile page. Come check it out as there are lots of recipes that are yummy and are good for us.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Don't let anyone influence you to lower your goal--sometimes OTHERS' GOALS ARE UNHEALTHY--you have the right idea.5'2 and 110 is rather thin! I'm 3 inches shorter and about 110. By that same logic I guess I should make a goal of 90 pounds then? Not going to happen.
  • snowfox1
    Options

Wrapping my head around it was the hardest part, that is for sure. After I did, I will say the same thing everyone else that has upped their calories has said, they will never go back to under eating again.

By eating more we give our bodies more fuel to give us energy as well as make us feel better over all. I boosted my metabolism by eating more and more often. WE NEED FOOD TO SURVIVE believe it or not.

I have not been exercising much now due to some chronic pain I believe to be fibromyalgia but did all different types of exercise, walking at a very fast pace as well as running along with outside activities like hiking, canoeing and things like that.

I now weigh less than I did 2 years ago and look 10x better because I am doing it right now. I was under eating back then, I had several people ask me if I was sick. Now I am hearing how healthy I look, and its all because I am eating.

I have a healthy cooking page on facebook. The link to it is on my profile page. Come check it out as there are lots of recipes that are yummy and are good for us.

Thankyou very much :) i will check it out. you do look great by the way. do you think 55min cardio 4 times a week and 20min weights 3 times a week is a good workout?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and in the same boat, feel free to add me
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The last pounds are always the slowest...

Keep your deficit to a few hundred calories at most. Lift weights. Do a few hours of cardio a week. Give it time, you'll make it!
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 .. gained a surprising 15 lbs when I quit smoking Aug 17.. came here Sept 20 weighing 120 lbs with my goal being 105 lb. I've been here just shy of 4 weeks and have lost 5 lbs! woo hoo! 10 lbs to go ..

so I'm here in the same boat with you!
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 120lbs right now, with the goal of getting down to 115lbs eventually. I'm in no rush, though; I want to maintain or even continue to make strength gains throughout the process. Lifting makes my body look way better than dieting ever did!
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same here! 4'11 120....trying àhwile to get back to 110
  • lin7604
    Options

it said page not found?
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx that one worked.. :)