MEN are my "trigger" food....just a vent

Options
Don't get me wrong I love guys, but sometimes they can make me anxious. I got in contact with an old bf, who hasn't tried to contact me for 4 months. That should have been the sign. Well i text him, and he mentioned about getting together and two weeks later he still hasn't called me. I emailed him to tell how I felt and he basically insulted me. During these two weeks I noticed a gained 2 pounds. Yes, I logged but didn't eat well enough to loose. I need to stay away from "men" triggers. I need to find someone deserving of me and six pack abs wouldn't hurt!!!

I can see how relationships can add weight on to some people.

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Call HIM in a few months when you have those 6 pack abs, invite him out, show up, smile at him, wave goodbye and walk away!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    mmm, six-pack.

yes, relationships, both very happy and very unhappy, can indirectly cause weight gain for totally opposite reasons. hop back on the wagon, now!
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    Call HIM in a few months when you have those 6 pack abs, invite him out, show up, smile at him, wave goodbye and walk away!!

THIS^^^
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Not all men are jerks just as not all women are jerks. Some guys (and gals) just need more time to grow up. Forgive him, forget him, and move on. Its the best thing to do.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking this lately, that my husband is a food "trigger"...so ironic to see the post. Although it works in both directions for me. My husband and I have had a rocky marriage, so I find that when it's going bad I turn to food for comfort or to take my mind off stress or one of any other million excuses. And now we're really happy and I'm very comfortable with him, so I take a little time off my workout to snuggle more, and we share some desserts, and we go out to eat a lot... and well, you get the picture. I guess the bottom line is to regroup, refocus your efforts, and while sweet revenge would be nice most of all just think how HEALTHY you will be and confident to tackle anything...yes even men lol:laugh:
  • px90lady
    Options
    omg, ME BEING, snubbed by an old flame is totally what motivated me to do something about my wgt gain. The last time he saw me I was 120lbs(10 years ago) He is in TX and I am in MO so we were writing and talking on the phone and things were going "good" ......until I went to see himat 159. He called a few more times and quit writing all together. When I asked him, he denied it was the wgt gain because I called him shallow. Then it was the "it's not you, it's me" He eventually told me it was my attitude and I havent heard anymore from him. I actually sent him a Thank You card for motivating me to get off my butt and take care of myself. If it is giving you the motivation to make a healthy change- send a thank you card!: I'm at 151 today, a month later.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    omg, ME BEING, snubbed by an old flame is totally what motivated me to do something about my wgt gain. The last time he saw me I was 120lbs(10 years ago) He is in TX and I am in MO so we were writing and talking on the phone and things were going "good" ......until I went to see himat 159. He called a few more times and quit writing all together. When I asked him, he denied it was the wgt gain because I called him shallow. Then it was the "it's not you, it's me" He eventually told me it was my attitude and I havent heard anymore from him. I actually sent him a Thank You card for motivating me to get off my butt and take care of myself. If it is giving you the motivation to make a healthy change- send a thank you card!: I'm at 151 today, a month later.

Hhahahah i love the thank you card idea lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost weight due to other people. Try to stay in your own head (and when you figure it out, let me know how you did it)

What he did was contact you to see if he still had a chance or better yet to see if you still cared for him I have two words......move on! He had his chance and now its over....dont back track! You can do better.:wink:
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I agree with missgates! Believe me I have plenty of ex boyfriends who do this STILL. My one ex boyfriend (who I dated the longest) is the worst. We have been broken up for 4 years and yes I admit for about a year & a half of those 4 years I still talked to him, tried to be friends, realized it was too hard, then eventually I just totally got over him. I reminded myself that I broke up with him for a reason and then he still tries to contact me. Eventually I realized that everytime he tries to contact me it's basically just to find out if I'm single, if he'd still have a chance, and to find out what has been going on in my life. He has no right to know all of that and I moved on so he should too.

When I dated him I gained A LOT of weight, lost a lot of confidence in myself, and lost a lot of trust in men. After the breakup of course I gained even more weight. And since him I've dated (very short-term relationships) a few more jerks, until I finally realized that I needed to do something for myself. I'm almost finished school and will have my Bachelors & I'm going straight on to the Masters. I finally started caring about myself and my body so now I eat better and workout.

In my opinion just move on, don't ever answer his phonecalls or texts again. If you accidentally run into him in public one day, you can just smile and walk away with your head held high looking beautiful, confident, and happy. He'll realize what he's lost and you can go on with your life!

Never settle for anything less than you deserve! Which is why I have been single with a few short-term relationships for so long. Those little relationships were short because they were on my terms, once a guy was being a jerk or treating me badly I ended it. I wasn't about to settle for someone like my ex and take the crap I took before.

I like your 6-pack abs idea! I want my next boyfriend to be someone who likes to eat healthy & work out! :)