Options
    I turned myself into a zombie for Halloween last year with my son. lol

zombie.jpg
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    cannon fodder. great!
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I'm making sure that someone in my group brings a can opener. I have the Zombie Survival guide if I need it. Growing up on the reservation out there, I was taught how to take care of myself. How to navigate. How to hunt. How to use that animal not only for food, but for clothing, shelter, blankets. I feel like I'm Katniss with my bow and arrow. Lol. I can also use a gun as well.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have a sword, trusty baseball bat and my faithful canine companion.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Ak47 and 12,000 rounds
    And enough guns and ammo to take out any zombie for at least 5-10 years
    Crossbow , regular bow , swords, and a stockpile of antibiotics and seeds.

Isn't zombies the reason we are all getting in shape?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    i was wondering if anyone has ever bought something for the sole purpose of being prepared for the zombie apocalypse??

The entire reasoning behind buying more guns and ammunition is for the zombie apocalypse. That or the possibility that China wants to come collect on our debt. We already have our escape route planned, where we will stop on our way, and the location that we will ultimately stay holed up in.

And I've been practicing at the range with their new zombie targets.
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is how to keep them out of the house:

Zombie-treadmil-defense1.jpg

LMAO! THIS IS AWESOME! I feel like I'm not prepared as I read what everyone else owns. I just have a shotgun.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    everyone should read the zombie survival guide by Max Brooks

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628

it's THE survival guide to a zombie apocalypse!

FYI, guns are a bad choice if you read the book. To loud, they attract hoards.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have a pocket knife,cricket bat and thick brass knuckles. I am a fast runner and a great climber i've watched loads of zombie films and i know its survival of the fittest. So the very overweight people may have some trouble if the zombies break in your house. ^i^
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

I did buy the book! I forgot to add that in.

But if there's already hoards.. Would the guns matter?
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

I get that the noise attracts the hoards, but being a former combat soldier, I can tell you a well placed 50 cal, mark19, and a couple m60's, not to metntion if you can get ahold of a M134minigun,. OMG you could mow down entire football fields of zombies in seconds... with 50s, and the M134, you dont even need headhsots, there wont be enough peices left to come after you.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna sit back until every jack-wagon with a crossbow is killed off, then run around scooping up supplies that way. Far cheaper than buying stuff right now. :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lol
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I get that the noise attracts the hoards, but being a former combat soldier, I can tell you a well placed 50 cal, mark19, and a couple m60's, not to metntion if you can get ahold of a M134minigun,. OMG you could mow down entire football fields of zombies in seconds... with 50s, and the M134, you dont even need headhsots, there wont be enough peices left to come after you.

until the gun jams, you run out of ammo, or some other mechanical issue arises. The book talks about the reasons why guns are bad, it's not just about the noise (although that's a main reason). Murphy loves zombies and his law is ironclad.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I did buy the book! I forgot to add that in.

But if there's already hoards.. Would the guns matter?

well, yes, if there's a hoard out there, then a gun is like a megaphone announcing your presence.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    I take this small pack with me everywhere just in case of such an occurrence be it Zombies, Alien Invasion or in case i get into trouble during my Christmas shopping on the 21rst of December! My car also has tents ect in case i get stuck somewhere. Its good to be prepared! :smile:

20121009_114851.jpg

20121009_114949.jpg

20121009_115023.jpg