Lost on where to start

Options
I've been wanting to loose 50 pounds but I have no idea where to start. I have a few workout dvd's ive found I enjoy the tae bo ones, I have Billy Blanks Tae Bo Fat Blasting Cardio has anyone used this one before and does it work? I also have a treadmill but I don't know what to do to get good results..

Replies

• Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    It's pretty simple.. use the treadmill. Start out with what you can do now and work up from there, if it has an incline use that too. I do kickboxing and I have friends who have done Billy's... it works, but you have to keep doing it consistently.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just start. Move a little more each day. Watch what you eat. Start with small changes. You can do this!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was in the same boat, I had a treadmill and i'd walk and think... this isn't doing anytihng but I'm not fit enough it run, so now I'm on the c25k, give it a go it ROCKS
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    IMO start with small goals. dietary and exercise.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Your treadmill should become your best friend. Do at least 30 minutes at least 5 times a week, even if it's just walking. You can even alternate...1 day treadmill, 1 day DVD, 1 day rest, etc., so you don't get bored. 85% of weight loss success is food though, so you need to watch your calorie intake and try to make better choices....start small...watching portions, not giving in to temptations as often, etc.
  • zombieluv90
    Options
    Thank you for the help , i will have to give the treadmill a second chance I suppose :tongue:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill! I can adjust speed and incline depending on my mood that day. And there are many workouts available free on isohunt.com......I recently downloaded the 'Insanity' workout and it's killer!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it's something you enjoy or you'll give up. If you don't enjoy the treadmill find something else. Try to incorporate some type of weightlifting as soon as possible, the more muscle you can build the faster you'll lose inches & fat even when the scale doesn't go down. You'll burn more fat with muscle than just cardio.
  • kjordan007
    Options
    I am doing the couch to 5k on the treadmill and getting great results. My results will be slow since I am 60 pounds over weight.
  • kjordan007
    Options
    great support advice