The sound of the Yankees choking...
    :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    earthquake + east coast = lol

ferreals haha.

I'm a California girl originally and my "first" earthquake was the Loma Prieta so basically I am unimpressed by what causes a tizzy in New England.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Didn't feel a thing down here in New York.

Oddly enough I felt that one in VA a while back.

I felt that one too. I was on the phone with the doctor's office and thought my kids were jumping off the beds upstairs. I was getting ready to lay into them when the doctor abruptly said she'd have to call me back and the kids came running downstairs scared to death. We couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't until after I got back on the phone with the doctor and she told me that they had experienced shaking from an earthquake before I realized that's what it was. I'm on the east coast so it's something I've never experienced before.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I will warn you from my experience during the VA earthquake last year... be prepared for an onslaught of news coverage and footage of cracked chimneys, framed photos slightly jiggling on walls, and fluorescent lights shaking and flickering
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Maine? You sure it wasn't a town stampede for that Zumba chick on the news lately?
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

ferreals haha.

I'm a California girl originally and my "first" earthquake was the Loma Prieta so basically I am unimpressed by what causes a tizzy in New England.
    Oh well doesn't that just make you superior. Let's see now how does southern California react when there's a slight drizzle of rain? People talk about things they aren't used to. Get over it.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Maine? You sure it wasn't a town stampede for that Zumba chick on the news lately?

Haha, nice
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The center was 3 miles from my house, 4.6 felt like a plane had crashed in the backyard. I don't know how people can live in CA with the threat of them all the time.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options

ferreals haha.

Oh well doesn't that just make you superior. Let's see now how does southern California react when there's a slight drizzle of rain? People talk about things they aren't used to. Get over it.

To be fair, I don't think she meant it the way it sounded :) I think she was just adding to the convo :flowerforyou:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I kinda like quakes, I get dizzy and I am like wooooah :drinker: LOL

of course not a 9 one, but I once felt a 7.2 one, I had fun trying to walk straight after it hehe

Theres nothing fun about quakes when they kill people and destroy cities. Ive lived through two massive quakes (6.3 and 7.1) and over 10000 aftershocks (and still counting) here in Christchurch NZ....not a good time. I dont feel anything under a 4 now, you become immune...

guess u missed my ´of course not a 9 one....´ , meaning quakes where lots of ppl die are not fun, but if the city just shake a bit and nothing happens, they are fun, at least for me!
    And yes you become immune, you say you have lived two massive ones, for me, living in the pacific coast, a 6.3 is not a massive one, nor the 7.1 you comment, the 7.2 I felt a few years ago just made me a bit dizzy and i didnt even feel the replicas. Massive for me is the one they had in Chile few years ago, or the one in Japan.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    We had a couple small ones here in Dallas, TX a few weeks back. I have been through many earthquakes when I lived in California and never freaked out...but this one in Dallas scared the crap out of me.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I felt it in Ohio. . . oh wait that was my child bouncing around like a kangaroo. false alarm
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    In California we call that Monday. :laugh:

Glad everyone is safe.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I thought the roomer (she rents the extra bedroom, she brought me here) had rolled out of bed LOL!

She SLEPT through it! :laugh:

It's weird in these parts when there's a quake. I think this is the third one I've felt in my almost 52 years.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    So Crazy! (It was a 4.5 they are 'preliminary' reporting)

LOL!!! Costa Rica.... 7.9 Ritcher.... one month ago! was a goooooooooood one!!! :laugh:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

LOL!!! Costa Rica.... 7.9 Ritcher.... one month ago! was a goooooooooood one!!! :laugh:
    it was me going for a jog ;D false alarm people!!!
  • m13sam2012
    Options

it was me going for a jog ;D false alarm people!!!

i think you were doing another thing................mmmmmmmmm......:laugh:
  • Techn0mancer
    Options
    Didn't feel a thing
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

people shouldnt react to something that is pretty rare?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :noway: I felt the last 3 that we had in Oklahoma! I can live without feeling another one for a LONG, LONG Time!!!