I fell off the wagon. Hard.

Options

Replies

• cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon, too. I'd been stuck at a plateau for a few months, and even had gained back some but mostly up and down in the same 5 lbs range. Then life got really crazy for several months. (Seriously, if I never see the inside of a hospital again, it still won't be soon enough.) I stopped logging, I didn't care as much. Somehow, through most of that, I maintained where I was at. Then as things finally started to settle back down, and my life was getting back to normal, it all went out the window. I was finally getting back to being able to go to my workout classes again on a regular basis. Then I realized my favorite shorts were getting tight, and that pair of jeans, and my work pants, which had all been getting loose were almost tight. I hopped on the scale, and I was up almost 15lbs.

Today, I installed MFP on my new phone, and logged my meals.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You get back on that wagon and show it who is boss. You just have to do it girl. You got this, get on up here and show us you got it.
    Ditto. Get back on that wagon & turn it into a gold-encrusted medieval carriage with horses in front & everything. Lol I don't know.

But I've fallen off so many times. And the important thing is to learn from the mistakes you made, DON'T hold them against yourself, and come back stronger than ever!
  • lillypadstudio
    lillypadstudio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Set a goal for yourself. I have maintained for a long time but was not really pushing myself very hard to lose more body fat. Recently had a friend invite me to a 5k run and wow has it made a difference in having a goal to work towards. I have totally cut back on drinking wine which was almost a daily for me. After my 5k is over, I am going to sign up for something else to work towards so that I don't fall back into the same rut. All the best to you and your efforts!
  • lillypadstudio
    lillypadstudio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    great advise
  • SuperCute4
    SuperCute4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You take it day by day because it is a life-long journey. Just look back, remember how good you felt, and keep that feeling forever :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What I'm hearing is that you're still 78 lbs to the good.

Go with that.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Get back on that wagon & turn it into a gold-encrusted medieval carriage with horses in front & everything.

:laugh: I love this. Thanks for making me laugh today...hey that's burning calories :bigsmile:
  • katesbeach
    katesbeach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    All this support is so amazing! Thank you all so much! I'm on it!
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly falling off, I'm surprised I don't have a concussion.

But you just get right back on it and teach it who's the boss!

:drinker:
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are recommitting and getting back in contol.

Wake-up tomorrow and do the same thing that you did today.

The same thing happened to me. I lost 25lbs with MFP in 2009/2010 then in the first 5 months of 2011 I gained it all back plus some. This year at the end of August during my birthday, I recommitted and have lost 10lbs. I'm feeling strong and fit again.

You CAN do this!

Blessings!!!
  • bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    128 lbs is an amazing loss...so first id like to say congrats on doing that!!! try not to beat urself up over slippin up, just fix it...change the bad habbits into good ones and im sure everything will fall into place...you will be loseing weight again in no time!!!
    good luck :)
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just being here, is a start!! We are all behind you and cheering you on!!:flowerforyou:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You've done it before, you know what you need to do. You've got this.
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    *holds out hand, to help you back onto the wagon...* :)

Welcome Back... the new lifestyle you're choosing is Fantastic... full of energy, excitement and changes that will bring a smile to your face every morning... New goals to set...and accomplish... New foods to try and Love or Hate..whatever :)

I've been overweight more then once in my 42 years.... So, as you can see... It can be done...and done and done... Never give up on yourself. Every new day is a new start... Yesterdays are done and over with. You can not change what's done.... BUT YOU CAN CHANGE WHAT'S TO COME!
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You just need to set your mind to your goals and you make your pounds lost your "*****es" (haha).... You need to set attainable and reachable goals daily. Don't set the bar so high you can't reach it. Just tell yourself, "today I will be under my calorie goal and will do X amount of exercise... whatever it is." I love walking personally, so what I did was for about a week I was walking about 3 mi a day, then after that week I would up it to 4 and then 5.5, and then 6.5, the last walk I did ended up being 7.5 mi. I have only been working out since July! But just remember ultimately just take it day by day, with the peaks and valleys that come with it.
  • LauraAnn52
    LauraAnn52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It is a rare person losing weight who doesn't have some setbacks. You've had a setback and now you are starting fresh. I've lost and gain back several times. This time I am in a very good state of mind and using MFP has really helped me pay attention to what and how much I am eating. . I have a long way to go, over 100 pounds. I plan on being successful this time. Friend me if you like.
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Make gradual, sustainable change. Don't say tomorrow starts your diet. Instead, commit to eating more vegetables every meal. Once that becomes an ingrained habit, add another healthy habit, like eating enough protein. Slow and steady wins the race!

If you think of a diet as temporary, the results will be temporary.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions along the way!

Kent McCann
    Personal Trainer + Nutrition Coach
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    128 pounds that awesome! you are human just like the rest of us. I fell off about 6 weeks ago and gained 14 of my 22 back i was taking care of a sweet baby I received him when he was 7 weeks old and after having him for 5 months his mom was able to get herself together and was able to start taking care of herself and him. I never knew taking care of a baby that I knew i would not have forever would effect me the way it did. He has been back with him mom for about 6 weeks and i tell you the start of that 6 weeks is when i gave up . I fell into a deep drepression and just quite caring but people here never gave up on me and today i can tell you i am back into my bootcamps and journaling 100% and feeling great about myself. So you start NOW not tomorrow or Monday you start NOW. You first forgive yourself then get ready for all the support this site can offer you. You got this!

You must be a very special person to nurture a child for months when you know it will come to an end. Your grief is understandable. I hope you feel better and remember what a precious gift you gave that child and it's mama.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    One day at a time.

I fell off my wagon after a nasty plateau, and in the last 2 weeks I've gained back about 5 of the pounds I lost. Granted, that's not a lot, but I've watched numbers creep every so slowly in the wrong direction. Like you, I have very supportive family, and a wonderfully supportive boyfriend. But I'm more determined than ever that I CAN'T continue to go backwards. This morning, I just wanted to stay in bed and make my headache go away. But no...I read this right before leaving for the gym, and now I resolved to crush this workout. For me, for you, and for all of us who struggle, fight, kick, scream, and claw our way to success. Good luck, and know you will always have my support!!
  • bakerygirl78
    Options
    When I stopped actively losing, I had lost 128 pounds. I felt amazing and confident and attractive, for the first time ever. And when I decided to just maintain after a while, I just...gave up. I'd say I was going back tomorrow, one more bad meal wasn't going to kill me. And then I kept pushing tomorrow back. It's been almost a year, and I've gained back about fifty pounds. I'm so disappointed in myself, it hurts, especially when I think about where I could be right now if I'd stayed with my plan. Today I got up early, went to the gym, and I'm tracking everything I'm eating. I'm committed, and I want to fix this. My family and friends say I can do it, I've done it before. And I know I can. But I know I'm going to need a lot of support. How do you get back to it? How do you recommit?

We can do it!!!!!

My story is similar to yours. It took me a good two years to lose 112lbs and I was able to maintain that weight loss for a good 6yrs. But over the last 6months or so I've put on about 35lbs and its FREAKING ME OUT!

I need support too. Its hard to get back on the wagon when you've fell off and been dragged a bit...lol

I will send you a friends request :heart: