Hcg

Options
A friend of mine lost 20lbs in 15 days on HCG. And she didn't even workout...she barely ate..but says it worth it. She is starting to convince me to try it...opinions please!!

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    oooooooooooooooooo.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Do a search, there are hundreds of threads on this subject. It is a dangerous, fad diet. Don't do it!
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lf1n9mFXo91qzajrg.gif
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Run away and don't look back. No matter how convincing it "looks"......Just say NO!!! Friends don't let friends do HCG!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    facepalm_zps1acb2e94.jpg

2 in one day.......IBTL
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    023faf63-d613-4205-b818-7f581d60b33f.jpg
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    tumblr_lf1n9mFXo91qzajrg.gif

Exactly this.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You lose weight because you are on a starvation diet (500 calories a day I believe). Being purposely injected with pregnancy hormones does not sound like a good idea to me either
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Revisit your friend in a couple of months when she (as she inevitably will) goes off the HCG diet and see how much weight she has gained back.
  • fit30s
    fit30s Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what this was, so I googled it. While it hardly counts as high-quality research, I found (in a matter of seconds) this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin#The_.22HCG_diet.22
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Revisit your friend in a couple of months when she (as she inevitably will) goes off the HCG diet and see how much weight she has gained back.

Or loses all her hair and her skin is waxen.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lost 20lbs in 15 days on HCG. And she didn't even workout...she barely ate..but says it worth it. She is starting to convince me to try it...opinions please!!

Why do you want to lose weight so fast?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Eat right. Exercise. Stay within your macros. Don't eat too little. Don't eat too much. Eat whole foods as much as possible. Avoid fad diets. Before you embark on some fad diet, ask yourself: Is this a lifestyle change that is sustainable for the rest of my life? If the answer is no then how do you expect that you will keep your results? Burn more calories than you consume at a healthy ratio and you will lose weight. I'm going to guess that your friends weight loss had a lot more to do with water loss and sudden, extreme calorie restriction. MFP works. Trust the process and commit to your new lifestyle. Forget the fads.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Most people will say it is unhealthy and dangerous, etc, but I did it and lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I dd a second cycle 4 weeks later and only lost 3, and it was harder to stay on it then. I kept most of the weight off for over a year, but some serious life events took place last year and I gained it back.
    If you do it, you have to be 100% perfect on it. You cannot eat anything that isn't allowed, even if it is a healthy food. And make sure you get it from a doctor, not the drops that you can buy online. Only the prescription shots or creams actually have HCG in them.

After the first 2 days, you aren't really hungry, so if you can make it thru to day 3, it gets easier.

I have considered trying it again, as this way is really slow for me, but for now I am sticking with this plan. On a side note, my arthritis got a lot better while I was on the HCG. But then it also got better when I was actually pregnant. But it could also have been because I was sugar free and superlow carb on that diet, because I am sugar free and white carb free now and my arthritis is much better now too. So not sure exactly what causes my arthritis to improve, but am enjoying it!

If you do try it, be sure you use a dependable birth control method because it makes you really fertile!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    There have been some serious side effects for some people, so research it well.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Run away and don't look back. No matter how convincing it "looks"......Just say NO!!! Friends don't let friends do HCG!

LOL this.
  • funkyspunky872
    Options
    tumblr_mbjzmtoS7g1rrl0aw.gif
    tumblr_mbjznjdtUL1rrl0aw.gif
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I agree with FunkySpunky's first three comments.