40 and over and need to lose 100???

Options
Hi,

I have never let myself go so badly in my life. Not only do I feel unhealthy, I look unhealthy and I feel that food is killing me a little bit more each day. i have been very unmotivated these past few years and can't believe i have let this happen. Can someone out there please give me some advice as to what I need to do differently now in my 40's?...It seemed a lot easier in my 30's and of course,...I was a size 5/6 all thru my 20's..i want to get that happy photo feeling once again..Please help by giving me advice and cheering me on. I could use it. ;-)...i want to live and need to fight the food obsessions.

Replies

• melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    Sugar fluctuations? I used to have them, bad. Never under estimate the power of the BODY OVER THE MIND when trying to overcome sugar imbalances much of which is caused by things we THINK are good for us but are not.

Willpower DOES NOT work against sugar level drops creating serious cravings and binges that WILL (and not maybe) overpower all of my good intentions. Food is mighty powerful medicine/drug. So, if you sometimes think that you are losing your mind, well.... LOL!

Perhaps you are in this place like I was. I used to feel like there are two people in there. LOL!
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I see that you joined several months ago but this is your second post, have you been logging since May or just getting started now. Either way I am sending a friend request, I am just turned 50 and have the same amount to lose and have been very successful on MFP so far. I will be happy to support you in your journey
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    I see that you joined several months ago but this is your second post, have you been logging since May or just getting started now. Either way I am sending a friend request, I am just turned 50 and have the same amount to lose and have been very successful on MFP so far. I will be happy to support you in your journey

Would you add me also?
  • Judithness
    Options
    I'm over 40 and need to lose 50+. Gonna be a long, hard ride. Good luck to you. Feel free to message me ANYTIME. Need new food choices, drink choices and cooking styles. Football and holiday season is upon us...Lord HELP US!

Judith
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm another over 40 and need to lose 100 (a little less now, I've lost 16 since starting here in August --- and I was also a no-effort size 5 in my 20's, so I know what you mean. Feel free to add me.
  • ironmike117
    ironmike117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling that no matter what you do the weight just won't come off. The same old exercises won't work and it seems the foods you used to eat that was your friend is now a true enemy. But if you make a few changes you can get started down the right road. Feel free to check out my profile and food and exercise tracker. I had to make some changes and I would be more than happy to share any information with you. If you are interested feel free to send me a friend request and I will do as much as possible to help you. Take care and hang in there.
  • Hey there, I'm real new 2nd day today. I too am 40 & overweight not a good combo. I read a challenge SOMEWHERE on this site yesterday, I really liked that, it was motivational to me. It was a small challenge, 25 reps of basic arm lifts, WHICH I DID!! I would like some more SMALL challenges especially since I'm just getting started. I have aslo started walking, walked a mile today at a pretty good pace.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    almost 42 and in the same boat here...feel free to add me if you are too :) I think the more cheerleaders we have the better..plus I know it helps keep me accountable!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am over forty and I have ANOTHER 100 or so to lose. :)
    It is totally doable and I look at each day as an opportunity to make myself a happier healthier person. I refuse to focus on the mistakes I have made in the past. That will not do me any good.

I am always there for people if they would like support, encouragement and a friend.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and lost 113 pounds in exactly one year on MFP. All natural. I logged in each and every day, I stayed consistent, ate healthy and the proper amounts and got plenty of exercise. I guess you could call it the "old fashioned way." Anyone is welcome to add me.