Easy chicken dinners!

Options
shannonscotty
shannonscotty Posts: 8 Member
Looking for easy recipes for a tasty chicken dinner! Under 450 calories and cheap enough too as I'm a student. Any ideas would be appriciated, thanks in advance!

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    canned chicken, olive oil mayo, onion, relish, celery --chicken salad
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Couple cans of beans, chicken breast--cubed, jar of salsa, can of sweet corn with juice, bell pepper-chopped--spices of your choosing. Toss it all in a crockpot and cook.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Chicken marinated or seasoned to taste and baked. Rice or potatoes and leafy green veggies on the side.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Chicken, cooked and diced, season with taco seasoning or fajita seasoning.
    Spoon some evenly around on a low cal burrito shell/wrap.
    Sprinkle some salsa and cheddar, cover with a 2nd burrito shell/wrap and bake on a cookie sheet until cheese is melted.

Quick, easy chicken quesadilla! A whole one would run no more than 450 calories, depending on what kind of shell/wrap you use. I can't eat a whole one, usually my husband and I split one and I have some of my "easy spanish rice" on the side.

Easy spanish rice:
    saute some diced onion, add 2 cups fat free chicken broth and 1 cup salsa and 2 cups brown rice. Cook until rice is done. 1 cup = 180 calories. If you want to add bulk to this dish to make it go further, add in chopped green and red bell peppers and/or chopped zuchinni.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, flattened, dry cooked with your choice of spices. Cream cheese with chives (2 tbsp) and 1/4 cup spinich (cooked, can be the frozen kind and canned but I like fresh) Cook the chicken , take out of skillet and add the cream cheese and chive with the spinich. When the cream cheese is melted and mixed together with the spinch top your chicken breast and enjoy. The calorie count will depend on the oz of the chicken breast so you can control the total calorie count, mine came to about 325 or so.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Popper stuffed Chicken Breast (this recipe is for 1 serving)

Butterfly cut a boneless skinnless chicken breast.

In a bowl, mix 2oz softened cream cheese, 1tbsp bacon pieces, 1/8 cup shredded cheddar and 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper diced. Spoon into the chicken breast, close the flap and pin with toothpicks to keep it closed. Bake at 350 in a glass baking dish covered with foil for about 30-40 min until chicken is cooked through.

270 calories per serving, depending on the size of the breast you use.
  • melimann
    melimann Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • KD5NTL
    KD5NTL Posts: 9
    Options
    Google better homes and gardens chicken Marsala it calls for some Marsala wine which can be spendy so any decent red wine will work. I get the $5.00 ( I think oak tree or something with a tree in the name ) from walmart. I've learned that if you can sit around and drink a bottle of it than it's good enough to cook with, but if you wouldn't drink a glass of the wine than you shouldn't cook with it. here's the link http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/chicken-marsala/
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    sounds really goodd!!
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    -Buy your boneless skinless chicken breast in bulk; separate them and put them in the freezer.
    -I also buy frozen vegetables (or buy fresh, blanch then freeze, best savings for seasonal vegetables)

Orange chicken stir fry
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast 6oz (240 calories)
    1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables (40 calories)
    2 Tbsp Kikkoman Soy sauce (20 calories)
    2 Tbsp Panda express orange sauce (70 calories)
    Total calories= 370 calories

-Take frozen chicken breast out of freezer and put in a small pot with enough water to cover the chicken breast and cook over medium heat. When chicken breast is fully cooked take off unit, drain off water, and cut chicken into cubes.
    -Wash pot and then put the cubed chicken back into the pot and add your 2 Tbsp of orange sauce to the chicken, set on low heat until vegetables are done.
    -In a separate pan pour your cup of frozen stir fry vegetables into pan and pour soy sauce and a little water into pan cover with a lid to steam the vegetables.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    Chicken Alfredo
    Barilla Whole Wheat Pasta - Thin Spaghetti, 2 oz dry (200 calories)
    Mccormick - Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce Mix , 2 tbsp. dry mix (80 calories)
    Tillamook - Sour Cream - Fat Free, 4 TBSP (40 calories)
    Lemon Juice 2 tsp (0-2 calories) optional
    Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless 6 oz., 0.5 breast (120 calories)
    Total calories: 440 calories

-Boil pasta and chicken (separate pots) until both are done.
    -When pasta is done drain excess water off and then leave in strainer, put 4 Tbsp Fat free sour cream in pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp McCormick creamy garlic alfredo sauce mix and lemon juice (optional) to the sour cream; mix until thickened.
    -Add noodles to the sauce mix
    -When chicken is done;drain off water and then slice or chop the 3oz chicken breast and add on top of the noodles.
  • knw32183
    Options
    Bump for yummy chicken:)
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Quick and easy - chicken breast filled with tsbp of light philadephia wrapped in a piece of lean bacon, cook through serve with big salad
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Popper stuffed Chicken Breast (this recipe is for 1 serving)

Butterfly cut a boneless skinnless chicken breast.

In a bowl, mix 2oz softened cream cheese, 1tbsp bacon pieces, 1/8 cup shredded cheddar and 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper diced. Spoon into the chicken breast, close the flap and pin with toothpicks to keep it closed. Bake at 350 in a glass baking dish covered with foil for about 30-40 min until chicken is cooked through.

270 calories per serving, depending on the size of the breast you use.

It'd be appropriate to give the source for this recipe, which is www.skinnytaste.com There are lots of good recipes on there.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken with seasoning. My favorites:

-paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt
    -garlic, then add a mix of lemon juice and honey for the last 10-15 minutes of baking
    -really high quality jam (the kind with fruit pieces in it)
  • kjordan007
    Options
    chicken breast grilled or baked with cream of chicken soup and topped with French's Fried Onions. A really tasty dish with string bean casserole and brown rice. Hope this helps
  • Hogscliffe
    Hogscliffe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A favourite is honey and mustard chicken, chicken breast in sliced in strips, seal in pan add 2 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of wholegrain mustard and cook until sticky, lovely with a salad and jacket potato or with noodles or with salad for lunchbox. ps I don't like wholegrain mustard but in the recipe it tastes lush!
  • gusnjay
    gusnjay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.
  • givenshl
    Options
    I have been wanting a simple chicken salad to recipe, glad one was on here! Thanks for sharing!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Season chicken

Brown on both sides

Dump in salsa, simmer till cooked through and top with lots of grated cheese