I could use some friends here!

Options
Hello,

I am 44 (male) and have been here once before and failed. I finally figured out that ALL carbs turn to sugar in the bloodstream. So now when I see bread,pasta, sugary stuff etc, I understand that all of it is converted by the body. very depressing, because it would have been a lot easier understanding that say, 15 years ago or so. I always had this silly notion that the body could only process a certain amount, and the rest went on its merry way. I weighed 201 on sep 15, and 186 yesterday. I plan to get to 160 or so.

The images in the success stories that I have seen are truly remarkable. I would like to get where they are. I measured my waist today and it was 44 inches. I am 5 foot 6. my chest was 41. not good. makes me wonder what it was when I was 201. my heaviest weight was 221 a couple of years ago.

I've been eating fairly well, with only two days going over. I moved my intake to one pound per week recently from 2 pounds. It seems to make more sense to stay above bmr. I'm not doing any exercise yet, because the last few times i made a serious effort to drop weight, I exercised and it made me so hungry I'd overeat like a madman. so I'm playing it cool until I get to 165.

I'd like to have a few pals here to snoop on my logging, and to get ideas for food. I'd also like to see adjustments that they make in calorie deficit, and exercise. I'd also like to be part of your "team.." I'll root for you if you root for me! I'm not a pic poster though. I don't like looking in the mirror as it is. I haven't been shirtless in public since i was 13 at the pool, and I was skinny then.

The other main truth besides the carbs that I mentioned is this. I used to be a skinny guy until my first born. I got fat. and if I get to a healthy body weight, I'll have to carefully monitor my intake for the rest of my life if I want to keep it off. I am finally ready to do that. I truly believe my quality of life will suffer if i don't.

I may sound a little down, but I'm really not. I am in the right frame of mind and excited about the coming months in regard to my health. this little ramble is just the reality that I have discovered and am now doing something about.

thanks for reading and feel free to add me. I'll help you along, and ask you help me. :)

Replies

• 0utrider
    0utrider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ok, I kinda lied. I just read through what I wrote, because it seemed hard to write. I guess when you spell it out, some of the guilt looks you right in the face so to speak.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    Welcome back:smile: feel free to add me
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't be so hard on yourself! The main thing is that you're ready to be healthy and you're doing something about it. Stay encouraged! Add me if you wish. ;0)
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and feel free to add me :)