guys, children?

Options
elprincipito
elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
how old were you when you ditched the i donnt want children ever idea to wanting some????

Replies

• Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Im only 18 and my ex gf wanted kids with me shes 18 aswell. When she spoke of kids i thought in the future but when she said she wanted me to make her pregnant soon well i **** myself lol
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a big family so I always wanted a family, but waited till I was 31 to start. We have 4 daughters, 15 to 23 yo.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    so it was from seeing other babies in your family right??
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Maybe when I was in Jr High lol Kids were always part of my plan. I didn't want them while I was in HS or even in college but I always knew I wanted them.

I was never a no kids ever it's all about me me me guy .
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I always wanted kids but took me to age 27 to find the right girl to make them with!
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wanted kids when I was younger, late teens to late 20's. Then I found out all the obsticals I'd have to go through, made parenthood almost impossible for me. Also given the fact I'm going to be 35 in 2 weeks and singleish (meaning I have recently met someone and by the point we'd be ready and things happen I'll be too old) that hope is kinda gone.

I think there's a part inside everyone that has the desire to be a parent. I do think it takes guys longer to get to that point than girls. Guys tend to want to "live" life and then have a family. Girls tend to want to have families early and then "live" life. It took my brother until he was in his late 20's to want to have kids, now at 32 he his going to be a first time father.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    About the time I turned 30. My younger brother just had his 3rd boy, and being an uncle just wasn't good enough anymore. Finally had my son at 37. I wish my (ex)wife would've been more receptive to the idea in our early 30s. It would've been more rewarding to have another 1, maybe 2 by now.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started wanting kids when I stopped working with delinquent children and their parents and started meeting more normal families. For me it was too late as cancer had stuffed any chances, so we had IVF, and Now I have a teenager daughter I was 36 when she was born.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    i've never really liked children. I have a legal obligation to kinda put up with my own
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I am almost 30 and still don't want any. I hate children more than I hate the word 'overtraining'. Too damned needy and all...affectionate and ****. Makes me feel ill just thinking about it.
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    i've never really liked children. I have a legal obligation to kinda put up with my own

I dont want to sound rude but it maybe better for them if you signed your rights away.
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am almost 30 and still don't want any. I hate children more than I hate the word 'overtraining'. Too damned needy and all...affectionate and ****. Makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

Troll
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Never wanted kids. Ended up pregnant (due to my own stupidity), so now I have one. But she's pretty cool so I think I'll keep her :P Not sure if I can handle any more, though. And I still don't really like other people's kids, haha. Except my niece. She's a doll :)
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I really hope you are joking.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Married @ 19, Had first of four girls @ 21( ages of girls 11,8,2,6mos.). Now 33 looking to adopt 4 boys. I love kids
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I never really wanted kids. So, I married someone who also was ambivalent about it. We both like kids-- we are the best "aunt and uncle" ever! When we spend time with our friends who have kids, we get to do all of the fun stuff! We get to play and hear about their day at school or what they saw at the park.... but we never have to wrangle a toddler into eating her vegetables or con her into taking a bath. And, should their be a bedtime "I don't wanna go to bed!" tantrum, we don't manage the chaos. It is bittersweet, because I will also never have a child that calls me mommy. But, I am happy with the choices that I have made in life.

I think whether or not to have children is an intensely personal choice.... and all decisions are valid. I just think that if you do have a child, you have to be prepared to be the best parent ever. Because that's what children deserve.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options

I really hope you are joking.
    Yeah, British dry sense of humour.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I come from a large family and knew I always wanted kids, but didn't have a desire to start at a young age. My husband and I got married when I was 28 (started dating him when I was 25) and had our first right after I turned 30.