Need to buy an Elliptical...HELP

Hi! I have been searching several sites looking for an affordable good quality elliptical and all the ones I've seen look like they're going to break in a year. I don't want to spend more than $400. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Zanna857
    Zanna857 Posts: 11 Member
    Try crags list. The best time of the year is now when people are giving them up! I got mine for $200 still in the box! Happy Hunting
  • apponly
    apponly Posts: 11 Member
    Do you have a Play it Again Sports nearby where you can try out the different brands and their models first?

A previously used elliptical can be a good deal, but if there are quirks in the manufacturer's design you find uncomfortable or if the machine's stride isn't right for you then you'll really feel it during a workout. You might actually find that some of the less expensive machines work very well for you.

I bought my first mid-range one as "used" for less than half the original cost after trying it out. I upgraded this past year to a newer model from the same manufacturer and it is not nearly as smooth for us as their previous design (unless it's set to an incline).

In any case, if you are using it every day you're probably still going to need to maintain the machine, tighten bolts that have worked loose and keeping it in good working condition, regardless of model's price range.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    +1 on buying a used one.
  • Thanks!
  • Thank you for the insight. Good idea on Play It Again...I think there may be a couple in Phoenix. :)
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Do not get one that doesn't have like the back weighted part. I bought a $150 elliptical and its the worst. every time you move it comes off the ground and i literally hit myself in the eye with the handles that swing back in forth. I think its an investment
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    I purchased a life fitness Elliptical off craigslist for a really good deal - think 800. They are priced at 4,000 brand new.