Seeking Back Injery/ Incapacitated Help with Workout ideas

Options
Hi. I am looking for help and friendship with others who are in a similar physical state.
I have. A two slipped discs, with spinal stenosis. The central nerves of my low spine are being pinched. This nerve problem causes me some serious pain that can become debilitating. Currently I am nearly bed- ridden. I have some stretches that I do but I would like new exercise ideas and support. My physical body is not able to exercise in the way of a regular gym work out. More harm than good is done with any kind of impacts, or if lift unnesessary weights. I have to find alternitives.

I am trying to loose 145lbs.. I would like to loose 45lbs in the next 9 months to a year.

If anyone has simmular issues, ideas, intrested in the support or friendship please friend me or reply please. Thank you

Best Wishes in your Journey! Yours Suzi

Replies

• Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    PLEASE add me to your friends list. I am struggling with many of the same issues. Ive had a broken back a couple times.....both times were across the shoulder area and in the lower back just below belt high. Add to it that I have a ton of titanium pins, plates, screws and rods from neck to toes.

I do work full time but seriously...that's about all I can muster. I couldnt do that if I didnt have an awesome desk job in a gorgeous office with relatively great people. Ive heard it said if you love your job, you'll never "work" a day in your life.

Ive been on this journey since mid July roughly. In August I started with various weights of dumbbells every night for different amounts of time. 2 weeks ago it came crashing. The fracture in my neck combined with my stenosis aggravated the nerves in my arms something fierce so I had to quit for awhile. Its frustrating.

I wish I had excercise help for ya but I dont but I can surely support any endeavor others come up with for ya. PLEASE stay determined and fellow(ette) MFPers will support you and come up with ideas.

Here....giggle a lil.....I know I do everytime I see this

cattalkingtoscale.jpg
  • Zanna857
    Zanna857 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    See now.....you did help me!!! Laughing burns caleries. I just gotta be carful not to laaugh too hard or suffer spasims in my leg. LMAO.... THANK YOU FRIEND
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am with you all. Spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, arthritis in hips and knees, plus sciatica. Oh joy. I have also had five strokes to top it off.

I am mainly working with gentle movements for now as I cannot do more. Any movement is better than none.

Just started a new group..Mobility Impaired Fitness. Inviting each of you to it. Is public for now, can make private if majority prefer.